******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
OP
Never will be. Chris is making too much money for himself via this... In fact didn't they just announce yet another new ship

Which is magically for "sale" which isn't actually a sale and will be flight ready before many others "released" years ago. It also looks a bit like a copy/paste edit of the Mustang.

I think it'll be out when he gets backing for his Star Citizen movie.. not before lol

Soldato
I think someone mentioned this before but in future years undergrads will write their thesis on this game, its buyers, its advocates, and its detractors, and it will make for fascinating reading.

And S42 still won't be released. At least my grandchildren can play it. Maybe.

CIG are extracting so much urine they should rename the game Tenna 42.

Soldato
OP
H

Have you Lost faith again mate? I haven’t quite lost faith myself yet, but I’m giving it a rest for a year..

Floppy comes and goes *boom tish*

We're all pretty realistic about it tbh. I actively put off someone about to back earlier today at work. I get the feeling they are focused now on SQ42 and keeping it from us tbh.

Soldato
I would hope it's more than a game than trash early access games , it's had £300 Million in funding and 300 odd people working on it for nearly 10 years now!

To put a bit in perspective, the estimated budget of GTA 5 was 265 million dollars

To put into man hours for the time it has been to date then CP Project Red has been working on CyberPunk 2077 for almost double the amount of man hours total compared to what CIG have for Star Citizen & SQ42.

For one Jan 2022 would be 10 years which is almost 16 months away yet. Further to that you can see their figures for people working at the company over these last 7 years and that is where took the man hours calculation from assuming those numbers started at the beginning of each year. CD Projects Red also released information for all their growth and employee numbers too which made that comparison possible.

With that the finances for CIG have also covered starting up 4 studios, buying all software, licences etc. where as other companies don't cover all that in their cost of game production because they are already these large studios.

If you look at the given financials then that would mean that CIG are closer to $200 million to date and that is for two games rather than one. Up to you how you want to divide those two games up in what they have costs but that would put them around $100 million dollars to date per game. It would then actually mean they have 1/4 the staff of what CD Projects have had for Cyberpunk for what is approximately the same time frame.

Soldato
The cult of Roberts has a strong pull.

Not really sure what you are getting at. All projects be it software or otherwise I have always had to do person hour calculations. This is because it is far more accurate than any time based review of what took what length of time if there is more than one person working on it.

The rest is just self evident info and what you posted previous was incorrect. For a forum full of people whom are enthusiasts and want to make sure we are doing true comparisons for things like GPU or CPU testing we sure seem to get funny when we try and do a fair comparison for things such as games development by breaking things down beyond the headline figure and length of time.

Here is where CIG info came from: https://cloudimperiumgames.com/blog/corporate/cfo-comment-2012-2017-financials

am at work so can't find link to the CD Projects info but it was a company document if you feel like searching. Just seems like a good game/company to compare due to development time scale of their current projects.

Caporegime
What he's getting at is that some fans are protesting just a touch too much, which is fine as they're clearly invested in the project and want the project to succeed, but there's a certain defensiveness that comes across from those backers who are in so deep they can't see or acknowledge some of the glaring, almost farcical, problems with the game's development. I'm talking generally, not specifically about you.

Back
Top Bottom