Why does anyone buy fairy liquid?

Soldato
The comments about lathering depend on your water supply's hardness. Much of London is hard to bloody hard, so lathering is more challenging than areas with softer water.

Man of Honour
My wife works in an animal rescue place - they use fairy for cleaning up loads of disgusting things and apparently its significantly better than anything else they've tried. So yes, if you're pet has crapped on your plates use fairy (or something)

Soldato
Try to buy it on offer. You need less of it for the same cleaning effect as supermarket brand. One of the very few things where I actually pay a little more for the branded item (coffee is another).

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Because just like B&M everything you buy from Aldi or Lidl is 90% crap and goes off quicker than anything else bought from a decent supermarket.

Fairy all the way, sometimes when i feeling dangerous i buy the fairy lemon version.

Soldato
Aldi have their fairy competitor - platinum - still cheaper.

It's the same with shampoo - yes ... you often find you use half the quantity of more expensive shampoos eg childs farm versus johnson baby shampoo.

edit : guess I need to study the labels for % of active ingrediants.

Soldato
Because just like B&M everything you buy from Aldi or Lidl is 90% crap and goes off quicker than anything else bought from a decent supermarket.

Fairy all the way, sometimes when i feeling dangerous i buy the fairy lemon version.

Do you get your hyperbole from Waitrose too :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
Well I'm getting into a bit of a lather about this, don't want the thread to turn into a soap opera. The shop called 'Savers' is doing Fairy Liquid 433ml regular size bottle for £1 and a massive 1350ml bottle for £2. So, sud it, I might get into my bubble car, splash out and get the 1350ml.

Back
Top Bottom