Official Home Gym Building Thread

Associate
Garage walls, ceiling and floor painted.
Ze6ZF84l.jpg

Needed to section the garage to allow us to have a storage/utility area. Purchased shelving units off Amazon, battened the back of them and got a couple of sheets of MDF. Didn't go to ceiling as need the airflow form the back door and the only light at the mo is in the front of the garage so needed to the light to come over.

40xSloQl.jpg

Ob0O4XVl.jpg

Ob0O4XVL.jpg
Then painted it so it matched the floor colour.

IveToC6l.jpg

WSsE10sl.jpg
WSsE10sL.jpg

IveToC6L.jpg

Overall very happy with how it turned out. Power rack I ordered from strength shops will go in front of the partition.

Last edited:
Soldato
Great idea with the partition :)

I have half the garage still used as a normal garage, 2 sets of shelves much like yours, a tumble dryer, and a couple of mountain bikes. Hopefully I can fit everything I want into the remaining half

Associate
Great idea with the partition :)

I have half the garage still used as a normal garage, 2 sets of shelves much like yours, a tumble dryer, and a couple of mountain bikes. Hopefully I can fit everything I want into the remaining half

Thanks, make gym space 3 m x 3. Might need to remove one of the shelves the other side of the partition as when winter comes need to get all the kids bike up on the wall. I only screws the partion to the shelves so it can be easily moved back to get be more gym space!

Man of Honour
that partition is great and if I was the sort of person who actually acted on things I would copy that, but I'm not and won't.
mine is in similar spot in similar size garage but messier, full of crap but totally functional. have half rack, selectabells, bench, cross trainer (rarely used) and heavy bag

Associate
Left hand side of the gym space. TV looks tiny but is 43inch routed the power cables via d line trunking back to the plug socket at the other end of the garage. Handily the wall backs onto my understair's cupboard with all my AV, router etc so may drill a hole if i need to run and cables.

ZVrTtZVl.jpg

Have the plaster board and batons to create the stud wall, just waiting for my mate to be free to help me put it up.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Bench and dip attachment turned up today, very quick delivery from Bulldog gear.

The bench is an absolute unit at 50kg. Exceptional quality and the zero gap adjustment on the seat is really good, I hated the gap in my last bench when doing flat pressing. Only issue, it has shown how uneven my log cabin floor is, so I've had to put a shim (lego) under one foot when in the rack. It is absolute rock solid when pressing from, no movement at all.

The dip attachment was a little more interesting. It immediately highlighted that I had some bolts that weren't fully tight, so after doing them as tight as possible I was dipping comfortably. I will I think at some point get the floor bolt kit to get the rack attached to the floor.

Photos.

DSCF8952.jpg

DSCF8955.jpg

DSCF8956.jpg

DSCF8959.jpg

DSCF8961.jpg

DSCF8963.jpg

Man of Honour
50kg, that’s a fair weight for a bench and it seems to have good feet placement too. Mine is definitely lighter than that (closer to 30kg I think), but doesn’t have all the moving bits, so that probably lightens it too. Is it flat/incline only or can it do decline too?

Good thing you found out now that you had some loose bolts. I need to check mine actually, although they were on pretty solid originally!

My 25kg plates have dispatched, so they should arrive before I start back in work. Means I can work toward pushing toward and beyond my prelockdown lifts - also act as additional rack support in case I need to bale, not that I have for years.

Im around about 85.5-86.5kg, so not far off my prelockdown 88kg. Just need more of that strength back.

Friday looks gusty. My gym has passed the rain test, now it’s going to get a gale force storm test, probably while I’m deadlifting. My dehumidifier insulation pipe arrived today, so I’ll set that up tomorrow.

Last edited:
Soldato
Love the bench dude, definitely going to go with that one I think... after seeing the above I'm absolutely itching to order it but I can't until I finish the painting and get my flooring down or it'll just be in the way

@CaptainRAVE I'm pretty sure it does decline as well, it sort of looks like it wouldn't but I believe the way it works is the whole pivot/seat part moves upwards to allow for the negative angle (rather than allowing the seat-back to drop below level from the flat position)

Associate
Bench looks nice and looks exspensive. As I'm just starting my garage gym I need to get my first bench. Granted not many in stock but there are almost too many options. Am I best getting a cheap flat bench to start with as decent adjustable ones seem to be north of 200 quid, which after dropping 400 quid on a power rack and still needed a bar and plates trying to saves some cash on so.e of the gear.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom