**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Associate
Depends on the complexity - PMDG aircraft can be £100+ for P3D/XPlane

I'd like a 737 Dreamliner too ha!

It depends, you probably won't get full blown training-quality 3rd party commercial jets for £25 though. On other sims they can go for up to £100.

Ah ok, seems like a lot, makes me regret not getting the premium package even more!

Soldato
This game cost £60 not £1 similar Netflix gives you access to movies with budget of 10mil or 20k no difference. Don't get me wrong whoever is responsible for scenery is a genius but call it "scenery simulator" not flight simulator because noobs like me who have experience flying real Cessna 152 or 172 will scrutinize your "flight simulator" aspect. With scenery they went forward with flying backwards.

the default planes are never great though? £60 for this as a sim platform is nothing.

I haz 4090!
Don
Ah ok, seems like a lot, makes me regret not getting the premium package even more!

Nah, I wouldn't look at it like that. I've only got the standard version because I knew the planes included wouldn't be full sim quality. I have the base game now, I can buy the good stuff when it's released. :)

Soldato
Nah, I wouldn't look at it like that. I've only got the standard version because I knew the planes included wouldn't be full sim quality. I have the base game now, I can buy the good stuff when it's released. :)

Agree with that. The only one that remotely interested me was the 787 but if it's up (down) to the standard of Asobo's other stuff not worth £5 let alone £50 - £60.

The study level stuff will hopefully come in a few months, failing that I'm sure Just Flight will cobble something together - their DC10's and 757 were pretty decent in FSX (and the DC6).

Soldato
I mean, the most obvious thing is to turn your controller sensitivity down?
I've tried that and I'm not sure it's so simple - hence asking for other people's experiences.

Even with a bit of deadzone added to avoid accidental input, a tiny input on the yoke makes the plane buck around, and very hard to keep it on a stable incline. Might be that I'm just crap at flying planes!

Soldato
I've tried that and I'm not sure it's so simple - hence asking for other people's experiences.

Even with a bit of deadzone added to avoid accidental input, a tiny input on the yoke makes the plane buck around, and very hard to keep it on a stable incline. Might be that I'm just crap at flying planes!

I went to 50% sensitivity on my gunfighter. It does seem strange that the controls are so sensitive.

Associate
This game is pretty memory hungry. I stuck another 16 gig in my machine today taking it to 32 now as I was getting almost 100 percent ram use. It's gobbling up about 19 on my system now, I am hoping for less CTD now. We shall see!

Associate
This game is pretty memory hungry. I stuck another 16 gig in my machine today taking it to 32 now as I was getting almost 100 percent ram use. It's gobbling up about 19 on my system now, I am hoping for less CTD now. We shall see!
Weird mine only seems to use/goto 50% ram usually of my 32gb, this is at 4k

Soldato

I’ve heard a few people say the same thing, which I don’t really understand because the last time I tested FS it was eating around 9-10GB RAM :confused:

Associate
My ram comments were a little misleading above. I meant to say system memory with game running. Now, I have nothing else of note running, just the Xbox game app, not even a browser. My system was using around 19 when running. Before I stuck 32 in my Ryzen setup, it was showing around 95 percent in use using the Ms performance app.

Back
Top Bottom