******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
OP
Oh, I don't know. I think the furore around the mismanagement of the game, and the rabidness of the heavily invested, is at least as interesting as the game itself and is worth discussing in this thread. Telling that I didn't make it personal but you did :)

So discussing the same things everyone else does but adding nothing to each of the topics other than pointless whinging - that's basically what this post is too. (insert smiley face so I don't look like I'm upset).

Soldato
So discussing the same things everyone else does but adding nothing to each of the topics other than pointless whinging - that's basically what this post is too. (insert smiley face so I don't look like I'm upset).

Just ignore them - As I understand it, there are plenty of people that have paid for the standard package, and there are others that have paid loads for different types of ships etc., and they’re having a ton of fun enjoying the alpha and the hours of content that comes with seeing how a massive game is made. If they’re happy with their investment, then that is all that matters at the end of the day.

The people that post in here moaning all day about it being a scam, are often people that haven’t even bought or played the game - but that comes with social media (people wanting to give their 2 cent on everything).

Soldato
Just ignore them - As I understand it, there are plenty of people that have paid for the standard package, and there are others that have paid loads for different types of ships etc., and they’re having a ton of fun enjoying the alpha and the hours of content that comes with seeing how a massive game is made. If they’re happy with their investment, then that is all that matters at the end of the day.

The people that post in here moaning all day about it being a scam, are often people that haven’t even bought or played the game - but that comes with social media (people wanting to give their 2 cent on everything).

we have a name for those people.

We call them humbug.

Caporegime

One of the more sensible posts in this thread.

we have a name for those people.

We call them humbug.

Shut up Troll :p

Caporegime
Why should anything else have to be added to the "same things everyone else" is discussing? (and by the way, if everyone else is discussing these same things there sure as hell is a problem with the game). How could anything else be added when the litany of mistakes, slips, mistruths, and shameless greed is so staggeringly vast? Why should these issues not be part of the conversation regarding the 'game' (I use the word lightly) when its headlines are more for feature creep and stagnating lead times than for the game/alpha itself?

I'm genuinely curious. Is it because you're sick of hearing the same stuff and don't agree or do agree but are still sick of hearing about it? Why does it get jumped on by the heavily invested (other than the obvious reasons) when, to be frank, there's little else to talk about other than the latest release of a jpeg spaceship for $200. And why is it that @humbug seems to be the only one who is both invested in the game but is vocal about how badly its being managed?

I'm not attacking anyone here, and I'm not even really attacking the game or CR, but SC is pretty unique and deserves commentary and discussion. Keen to hear anyone's thoughts.

Soldato
Why does it get jumped on by the heavily invested (other than the obvious reasons) when, to be frank, there's little else to talk about other than the latest release of a jpeg spaceship for $200. And why is it that @humbug seems to be the only one who is both invested in the game but is vocal about how badly its being managed?

Wrong im both heavily invested and have posted my critique in this thread. Check my post history in this thread.

Soldato
To put into man hours for the time it has been to date then CP Project Red has been working on CyberPunk 2077 for almost double the amount of man hours total compared to what CIG have for Star Citizen & SQ42.

For one Jan 2022 would be 10 years which is almost 16 months away yet. Further to that you can see their figures for people working at the company over these last 7 years and that is where took the man hours calculation from assuming those numbers started at the beginning of each year. CD Projects Red also released information for all their growth and employee numbers too which made that comparison possible.

With that the finances for CIG have also covered starting up 4 studios, buying all software, licences etc. where as other companies don't cover all that in their cost of game production because they are already these large studios.

If you look at the given financials then that would mean that CIG are closer to $200 million to date and that is for two games rather than one. Up to you how you want to divide those two games up in what they have costs but that would put them around $100 million dollars to date per game. It would then actually mean they have 1/4 the staff of what CD Projects have had for Cyberpunk for what is approximately the same time frame.
Plus from the 600 people working for CIG as of today, only 90 are developers(this counts devOps guys so actual coders would be less)

Caporegime
Plus from the 600 people working for CIG as of today, only 90 are developers(this counts devOps guys so actual coders would be less)

90 are coders. This is one thing that has been misunderstood, there is a whole thread about it on Spectrum (Don't ask me to find it now) and the dev who said this replied, he said 90 coders and that was interpreted as 90 developers. :)

Soldato
300 are spaceship artists and 200 are marketeers :p
90 are coders. This is one thing that has been misunderstood, there is a whole thread about it on Spectrum (Don't ask me to find it now) and the dev who said this replied, he said 90 coders and that was interpreted as 90 developers. :)
No i read that thread and he said 90 developers/devops. he specifically said devlops as part of the 90 figure.

Back
Top Bottom