Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
That's a great looking bike :)
Seriusly with how things are these days I'd be scared to park this thing up.

First 125cc learner bike was stolen but i never had any security on it at all, i've got a GPS tracker, two alarmed locks, immobiliser and a cover over it.

Could still pick it up and stick it in a van i suppose but being covered i don't think anyone looks twice.

Soldato
First 125cc learner bike was stolen but i never had any security on it at all, i've got a GPS tracker, two alarmed locks, immobiliser and a cover over it.

Could still pick it up and stick it in a van i suppose but being covered i don't think anyone looks twice.
That's unfortunate :(, an old work colleague had his dirtbike stolen twice in my area, first time was at the local trainstation, got recovered dumped in a Bush a few miles away with slight damage, then it got stolen off works car park while we were inside, van just pulled up they picked it up and off they went, this time it was never recovered.

Soldato
Mine was that type of bike also, a Yamaha WR, i think that style of bike is much more sought after by the little scumbags that steal them to ride about up in the hills, up here at least.

I'm GLAD it was stolen now as it spurred me on to get my full license and a bigger bike.

Used the money to get more lessons and get my full A license, might still be on a 125 with L plates if that didn't happen

Soldato
A new drill. Exciting times.

IMG-0430.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I've been wearing Victor for a year now, amazing quality for the price. Only came across it as a mate of my brother in law recommended it.

Is that only a taster box? Looks a bit smaller to the one i have.

This was a 50ml per bottle set for £15 on Amazon., The standard bottles are 85ml so not too short changed I guess to have a pair I thought.

How does one assess the quality of a perfume? Longevity?

As above :D

Soldato
Finally had the fitted wardrobes installed today ...

IMG-20200820-103426.jpg

IMG-20200820-103446.jpg

IMG-20200820-103452.jpg

They need to return with the mirror for the Mrs' dressing table and two bedside units.

Carpet going in on 3rd September too
I take it you have no belief in feng shui.

https://www.verywellmind.com/feng-shui-tips-for-your-bedroom-88934
According to feng shui, if you aren't sleeping well, a mirror in your bedroom could be the culprit. Mirrors are thought to bounce energy around the bedroom, which may result in restlessness and amplify worries.

It's especially important not to hang a mirror on the wall opposite your bed. Feng shui consultants say this can promote the intrusion of a third party into a couple's relationship and possibly encourage infidelity.
Good luck though they look real nice.

Soldato
A new drill. Exciting times.

IMG-0430.jpg

Good choice! I bought the same one 5 years ago when I was doing up the house. Admittedly I haven't put it through the same paces a tradesman would, but it's never skipped a beat with anything I've thrown at it. I ended up going fully down the Dewalt rabbit hole and have a wide selection of cordless power tools now. :D

Caporegime
Along with how it smells, yes. Some fragrances you can tell if they used quality ingredients.

Always amazes me that should be the case though. AT the concentrations used and even with the most eye watering prices of natural ingredients, even some of the most expensive fragrances costing £100 per bottle only contain £1-£4 of ingredients.

Kind of makes very little sense that some companies skimp and save a £1 a bottle on ingredients bu using artificial or low quality (not denying they do, but with the margins involved, whats the point?)

With most fragrances 90% of the cost of what you buy is the bottle and the packaging.

I would love it if there was a decent company who supplied their aftershave in plain glass bottles and a brown box and spent all the money on the ingredients. Milton Lloyd seem to have done exactly this.

Interesting fact is that more often or not the price of an aftershave/perfume is dictated by the perceived cost and exclusivity. Some of the £100 fragrances wouldn't sell if they were offered for sale at £5 per bottle.

I am sure I saw a documentary a few years ago where some perfume company was launching a new perfume and did some studies/opinion research and if priced at £20 hardly anybody would buy it but if they marketed it at £50, loads of people were interested in buying it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Always amazes me that should be the case though. AT the concentrations used and even with the most eye watering prices of natural ingredients, even some of the most expensive fragrances costing £100 per bottle only contain £1-£4 of ingredients.

Kind of makes very little sense that some companies skimp and save a £1 a bottle on ingredients bu using artificial or low quality (not denying they do, but with the margins involved, whats the point?)

With most fragrances 90% of the cost of what you buy is the bottle and the packaging.

I would love it if there was a decent company who supplied their aftershave in plain glass bottles and a brown box and spent all the money on the ingredients. Milton Lloyd seem to have done exactly this.

Interesting fact is that more often or not the price of an aftershave/perfume is dictated by the perceived cost and exclusivity. Some of the £100 fragrances would sell if they were offered for sale at £5 per bottle.

That's the same for a lot of things though, what you pay bares little resemblence to the cost to manufacturer. You pay for the name and exclusivity.

You can make a bottle for £10 and sell for £30, and you can also make a bottle for £10 and sell for £250.

If you spent £250, you'd want a nice bottle It's as much about the experience as it is the smell.

Caporegime
That's the same for a lot of things though, what you pay bares little resemblence to the cost to manufacturer. You pay for the name and exclusivity.

You can make a bottle for £10 and sell for £30, and you can also make a bottle for £10 and sell for £250.

If you spent £250, you'd want a nice bottle It's as much about the experience as it is the smell.

I have never bought into that though. I mean once you have put it on your skin, its all about the smell. Who cares if you have a £250 bottle and a wooden box hand carved by South American pygmies that it came in?

Soldato
I have never bought into that though. I mean once you have put it on your skin, its all about the smell. Who cares if you have a £250 bottle and a wooden box hand carved by South American pygmies that it came in?

If it's only about the smell you can simply buy a copy. I agree with you but it's why they do it and some people lap it up.

I often buy 50ml taken from a falcon.

Back
Top Bottom