Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Gutted, I always typically went with Bookatrack or RMA, who tend to limit the amount of slots by 45-55 total, so typically never ever any queuing, but of course instead of £150-£200 for a day they are £300-£500, but do tend to operate evening sessions for around £200.
Yes I think I've finally twigged why some operators are twice the price, half the cars! I'll do one more day here at Castle Combe as I know they have a hard limit of 12 cars on track, 40 in the paddock. Then start saving for some of the fancier operators next year! I had avoided them until now as I assumed I'd spend the whole day getting out the way of GT3s and track cars, but I think I'd prefer that to being stuck behind everything!

OcUK Staff
Yes I think I've finally twigged why some operators are twice the price, half the cars! I'll do one more day here at Castle Combe as I know they have a hard limit of 12 cars on track, 40 in the paddock. Then start saving for some of the fancier operators next year! I had avoided them until now as I assumed I'd spend the whole day getting out the way of GT3s and track cars, but I think I'd prefer that to being stuck behind everything!

I used to love bookatrack test days, no noise limits and the other cars on track were generally the Ginetta race team along with maybe some radicals and Caterhams, very few road cars so time on track would generally be little traffic and if a radical comes flying up behind well they are pass you in no time, was also a lot of fun taking a road car and passing race cars. :D

Soldato
Just given the car a quick was in-between the unsettled weather.

Still in decent nick for a 5 1/2 year old 77k mile family car.

1JJN5tN.jpg
2qU1h4y.jpg
x4D9aZv.jpg
0dEsXIp.jpg

Soldato
Nice. I think I remember you posting that up when you first got it... It looks the same.

Nice job looking after it!

Thanks, believe it or not had this for around 5 years now...time flies!

I think it will eventually get replaced by a Kodiaq but just can't justify changing up as yet.

Man of Honour
Noooo don't replace that elegant estate car with another SUV washing machine :(

Long live the estate car!

Who am I kidding, theyre already dead...

Embrace the future.

SUVs I find very hit and miss - for instance the Qashqai just looks ghastly but the Tiguan especially in the newer R trims, etc. I think looks decent.

Soldato
Embrace the future.

SUVs I find very hit and miss - for instance the Qashqai just looks ghastly but the Tiguan especially in the newer R trims, etc. I think looks decent.
They may look nice, but it still doesn't mean they're the future. They're less efficient than their estate cousins and don't necessarily have more space in them.

They certainly aren't an evolution, more of a devolution.

Soldato
So far yes. Takes some getting used to.
Lower driving position.
Volume control on other side of steering wheel (that's my excuse for activating Sport mode).
Much tighter steering. Apparently the previous model had a lot of torque steer and that's been heavily reduced now.
Electronic handbrake (not convinced this is good change)

So far very happy with it even if I can't open the taps on it yet.

Associate
Second hit and run in a four week period.

Some kid on a dirt bike doing a wheelie with no hands on the handlebars at high speed straight through the back window this time round who then proceeded to get out of my car and ride off on the mangled bike.

Don't want the car anymore as it seems jinxed so its going as soon as its back from being repaired.

msXxtTK.jpg

S1bJAb9.jpg

Associate
Take it the police were very interested?

No plates on the bike and it's a big problem in Stockport therefore they said not much at all they can do. Three patrol cars turned up, they were very understanding but they said not much they can do. Two hit and run's in a month = two fault accidents for me and two excess payments so I'm done with the car.

Back
Top Bottom