******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
Plus from the 600 people working for CIG as of today, only 90 are developers(this counts devOps guys so actual coders would be less)

That was a miss-quote. It is 90 programmers but there are 450ish developers as per CIG post about the roadmap update on Wednesday.

Edit: and if you read through the thread you will see the dev that spoke responded saying he deffo said programmers and not developers.

Soldato
Just ignore them - As I understand it, there are plenty of people that have paid for the standard package, and there are others that have paid loads for different types of ships etc., and they’re having a ton of fun enjoying the alpha and the hours of content that comes with seeing how a massive game is made. If they’re happy with their investment, then that is all that matters at the end of the day.

The people that post in here moaning all day about it being a scam, are often people that haven’t even bought or played the game - but that comes with social media (people wanting to give their 2 cent on everything).

It's not a scam but a poorly managed project infested by feature creep and far too much micromanagement.

Associate
I occasionally open this thread for an update on where things stand. When I might get to play SQ42, or something resembling a full release of SC. I’m amazed at how little has changed. While the outside world seems to be changing at an alarming rate, here the exact same discussions are taking place as the last time I looked, and the time before, and the time before that. I guess I’ll take another look in a year or so.

Soldato
I occasionally open this thread for an update on where things stand. When I might get to play SQ42, or something resembling a full release of SC. I’m amazed at how little has changed. While the outside world seems to be changing at an alarming rate, here the exact same discussions are taking place as the last time I looked, and the time before, and the time before that. I guess I’ll take another look in a year or so.

SQ42 is now beta mid next year, it's definitely going to be then though. It's not like in 2019 they said SQ42 would be Q2 2020................. oh wait. :D

Soldato
Soldato
Lockdown ehh?

Funny enough you can still see the old SQ42 Roadmap here
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/2-Squadron-42

It was last updated on the 6th of March, before lockdown. You can clearly see that they were only on their Q3 2019 target at that point and already behind schedule!

What's next, blaming it's 5 years behind schedule on the 2011 Iceland Volcano! :p
Well apparently they are only a quarter or two behind schedule. Not 5 years behind. Expect beta on sq42 next year around march April and release by September October next year if all goes well on the closed beta

Back
Top Bottom