Tenet (2020) - Christoper Nolan

Soldato
Cinemas can't survive without the crap they need to sell to people to stuff down their gullet so of course masks won't be required. :p

Personally, masks wouldn't bother me. It's always icy-cold in most cinemas and masks are only annoying when hot/sweaty.

Associate
Yep. It's a pretty a stupid rule. You can go to a bar / restaurant not wearing a mask and have interaction with the waiter, have people walking around and talking, yet you can't sit in silence for 3 hours in a cinema not facing anyone without a mask on

I don't think anyone is going to be taking this one too seriously and cinemas aren't going to enforce it other than if you walk in the entrance without one on

Dont mind wearing a mask in the an air conditioned cinema for a few hours, its really not a hardship. Its hardly Chris Ryan yomping to Syria. Thank god medical professionals who wear these all day are made of sterner stuff than people like yourself.

Frankly the stupid rule is "You can go to a bar / restaurant not wearing a mask and have interaction with the waiter, have people walking around and talking"

I don't think anyone is going to be taking this one too seriously and cinemas aren't going to enforce it other than if you walk in the entrance without one on
Yep , the kind of attitude that really helps with the mess we are currently in and no doubt further enhanced come winter.

Soldato
So Odeon have decided that the government ruling of "face masks are now mandatory in cinemas" doesn't actually apply to them?
Interesting.
Pleased to see Cineworld updated their own website last Friday to indicate they are now following the law.

Not that their social media feeds then didn't immediately break into "Yer, like I'm going to be told what to do" and the like, but at least Cineworld took the responsible stance - eventually.

I've booked for Tenet, earliest possible showing in the morning on the Saturday, very back row, middle seats (so nobody can be breathing down my neck etc).
I'll see how comfortable I feel closer to the date.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yep , the kind of attitude that really helps with the mess we are currently in and no doubt further enhanced come winter.
Sensible policies encourage sensible behavior. Opening cinemas but a few days later telling people they can only go if they wear a face mask for 3 hours in low risk environment is not sensible. Once you start enforcing silly policies people stop taking the sensible policies seriously.

Anyway I don't want to derail the thread so I'll leave it there.

Associate
Sensible policies encourage sensible behavior. Opening cinemas but a few days later telling people they can only go if they wear a face mask for 3 hours in low risk environment is not sensible. Once you start enforcing silly policies people stop taking the sensible policies seriously.

Anyway I don't want to derail the thread so I'll leave it there.

This is the chavy fu it doesnt apply to me attitude thats allowing the virus to spread. Its a poor poor excuse claiming boohoo the rules have changed its not fair, therefore I'm not doing it.

New Zealand just closed down Auckland over 4 cases , yet here self entitled morons wont even wear a mask for a few hours.

I presume you didn't materialize on the planet out of nowhere in the last 20 odd years ? You dont have parents , grandparents?

Associate
Why would they not delay Tenet for a year like Fast and Furious?

Guess the box office. If Inception did $830 million worldwide, what would will Tenet do in this climate? $200 million?

Soldato
Why would they not delay Tenet for a year like Fast and Furious?

Guess the box office. If Inception did $830 million worldwide, what would will Tenet do in this climate? $200 million?

The first big cinema release in half a year? It'll be showing for months!

Soldato
What would you consider to be a "better mask"? I have multiple masks, of all different types and styles (including ones with a filter on the front), and none prevent my glasses from steaming up.

None have a seal or a functioning valve, if you make the bridge of the nose tight, and lift up the underside of the mask slightly its allow passage through the bottom away from your face, instead of forcing the air over your glasses, should help with just a minor adjustment.

As for this film I'd hoped to go and see it, but with spikes over past few days in norn iron numbers, i am not too delighted about others not wearing masks.

Soldato
What would you consider to be a "better mask"? I have multiple masks, of all different types and styles (including ones with a filter on the front), and none prevent my glasses from steaming up.

Any with that thin bit of metal to mould around the bridge of your nose
The key is to bend the edges up as well as the nose. So it looks like a 'w' from above. Voila - no more glasses steaming

Source - glasses wearer who has worn medical masks for years

Soldato
Any with that thin bit of metal to mould around the bridge of your nose
The key is to bend the edges up as well as the nose. So it looks like a 'w' from above. Voila - no more glasses steaming

Source - glasses wearer who has worn medical masks for years

Nice. I'll give that a go. Although, given your profession, is this considered medical advice? :D

Soldato
front row cinema show was saying distributors have demanded both a larger cut, and longer run, from a cinema that wants to show this
was it 35%->50%, and min 2-3months.

Back
Top Bottom