• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: What is your upper limit for your next GPU purchase

What is your upper limit for your next GPU purchase?

• 1. £250

Votes: 34 8.3%
  • 2. £500

Votes: 162 39.7%
  • 3. £750

Votes: 86 21.1%
  • 4. £1000

Votes: 59 14.5%
  • 5. £1250

Votes: 20 4.9%
  • 6. £1500

Votes: 30 7.4%
  • 7. £1750

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 8. £2000

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • 9. No no, no no no no, There's no limit!!

Votes: 12 2.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
I paid around £750 for my GTX1080 I believe, I wouldn't want to pay much more than that to replace it to be honest. Prices are getting crazy lately. I really hope AMD have something good with big navi at a good price but I'm not getting my hopes up.
Was that early on I bet ? I later got one black Friday for £440!

Soldato
OP
Extended EVGA warranty isn't transferable. I saw it on the EVGA site. Not sure if it's a new thing?

It's always been that way. I generally buy EVGA and always extend the warranty. I only sell on the MM here, so when my 1080ti gets sold someone will get it with 18 months warranty left, and at a fair price.

There's actually a couple of 980ti kicking about that I've sold on here and they still have warranty, I'd help out no issues if it was required. That's why MM is miles better than eBay etc.

Soldato
I'm not spending anything this time round. I was forced to buy, due to the stupid prices at the time, something like £550 for a Vega64 due to my card dieing on me. I should have returned it as it was way too expensive, but as there were not any other choices at the time I had to stick with it.

It's a very nice card though and has never given me any issues, but I just feel violated having to spend soo much because of all the miners. If I was mining I wouldn't have been bothered, or should I say as I was part of the problem I wouldn't mind, but I felt reamed!

So now I will used this Vega64 until it dies or I cannot install windows 45 on it in 2050'ish - or what every is around at that time.

Hopefully the days of stupidly high prices for GPU's will be long gone when we are almost at the stage when this technology trivial for 1080p, then 1440p and then 4k. Once that happens almost all GPU's will be APU's, the day's of gigantic GPU's are a thing of the past - thankfully.

Associate
You can be an "enthusiast" and still apply some basic common sense to purchases. In fact is it not more interesting to push a system with a budget to it's limits rather than just sort by price high to low when selecting components.

It makes me laugh when I read comments like thar in here. People assuming everyone interested in high end gaming buys and builds the most expensive rig every time.
" This is an enthusiast forum, we are the 1% who buy the most expensive gear because it's our hobby".

The name of the forum and shop here is overclockers. That seems to get lost on people when they are waving their wallets around.

But what would I know I'm on a budget :D

Associate
Man, this poll is depressing :(. Came into this thread thinking "I guess I'll pick around the £200 range, that tends to get you a bit of value midrange".

Guess I'm still stuck in that GTX 460 for £140 era :/.

Associate
Man, this poll is depressing :(. Came into this thread thinking "I guess I'll pick around the £200 range, that tends to get you a bit of value midrange".

Guess I'm still stuck in that GTX 460 for £140 era :/.
It's not at all, £250 in 2020 should get you at least 60% of £550, realistically that's the price of the original high end GPU from nVidia (About £25 less in reality).

Soldato
I suspect that £500 is probably the limit most will spend (even "enthusiasts") as that's next gen gaming console money so very hard to justify spending more than that just to play a few games IMO unless you're very seriously into it or have a specific game like flight sim 2020 or tech like VR where you demand top tier performance.

Soldato
I agree, 2nd hand cards can go for crazy money, especially Nvidia.

Extended EVGA warranty isn't transferable. I saw it on the EVGA site. Not sure if it's a new thing?

Im pretty sure the original warranty period is, don’t think the extended warranty is though. However you can always fill in an RMA for the buyer if it breaks within that extended warranty period and have it returned.

Man of Honour
I don't really have an upper limit - but that doesn't mean I would spend any amount on a GPU. I would feel a complete mug buying some tiers at the prices they often are - but if necessary will spend what I need to get the job done where I can get something I feel is reasonable for the money - even if it means buying a tier above what I actually need if you get more for your money at that level.

Soldato
I'm retiring at the end of the month so I'm treating meself to a complete pc upgrade, cpu, mobo, case ,etc, so this'll probs be my last pc build ever so i'll make it a goodun, graphics card included, but still a max of £750 for the card and I'm not fussed if AMD or Nvidia

Associate
I'm retiring at the end of the month so I'm treating meself to a complete pc upgrade, cpu, mobo, case ,etc, so this'll probs be my last pc build ever so i'll make it a goodun, graphics card included, but still a max of £750 for the card and I'm not fussed if AMD or Nvidia

Good luck with the retirement! Try and enjoy it

Back
Top Bottom