• David Niven

• George Lazenby

• Roger Moore

• Timothy Dalton (Jones the Bond)

• Pierce Brosnan

• Daniel Craig

Results are only viewable after voting.
Soldato
Connery, although Brosnan is a close 2nd, especially with Goldeneye. I used to catch a few Remington Steele episodes and always hoped he would play Bond.

Bond to me was School holidays, Xmas, watching it as a family - exotic locations for mum, bit of sexual innuendo for the dads and the stunts and cool gadgets for the kids.

I don't rate Craig's Bond, as previously mentioned, it is more Bourne than Bond and somewhat darker - i have no inclination to sit down and watch a DC Bond movie with the family :(

Soldato
Brosnan for me followed by Moore , yes you can guess I love an innuendo.

Best sound track though is on Her Majesty’s Secret Service and to be fair Lazenby was pretty good in that .

Associate
Death Star or Mount Doom, it depends on the day.
Old people always vote for Sean Connery.
Many who think they've read the books look to Lazenby.
Those who've actually read the books tend to prefer Timothy Dalton, with Daniel Craig as a second option.
Those who love 'Bond Films' tend to like Roger Moore.
Those who are fairly young look to Pierce Brosnan.

Well said.

Soldato
Connery then Moore and then Brosnan. I'm not a fan of the new direction, it's almost like the Bourne trilogy came out and the Bond writers just decided to copy it wholesale.

In terms of film though, Goldeneye wins hands down, it's by far and away the best one.

I honestly think Brosnan was dealt a poor hand when it comes to Bond.

Goldeneye is an outstanding movie and he played the role perfectly, the other movies he was in were a bit guff to be honest and I don't think it's entirely fair to blame him for that yet many seem to.

If the other movies he did were even just a little worse than Goldeneye I think I would struggle deciding on my 'best' Bond actor.

Man of Honour
Dalton
Connery
Holness

My top 3.

I do think Lazenby got shafted though. Deserved more than that one film, and it wasn't a bad film either.

Soldato
Lazenby didn't get shafted. Not by the producers anyway. He chose not to carry on based on the advice of his agent who told him it had been Connery's thing and was on its way out!

Caporegime
Dalton for me. Both the films are my faves. Shame he didn't get to do Goldeneye. When you look back at all the cheese in the 80's his films where really ahead of the times which is why they hold up better compared to say something like Commando or Rambo 3.

Soldato
With retro rose-tinted specs removed....has to be Craig in terms of the best character.

If we're talking the best one-dimensional wise-cracking lothario bond, then...Roger Moore for me.

Soldato
Daniel Craig

Simply cause he looks or at least looked the part. ex SBS turn mi6 hitman should look like hes able to kill a man with a tooth pic previous bonds may have looked ok in a suit stood by a bar with a dry martini but looked about as handy in a fight as my 4 month old with a dummy

For this same reason id like to see a Henry Cavill style actor for his replacement (yeah I know he busy with the witcher) Enough of these wet blanket actors playing tough guys

Soldato
Enough of these wet blanket actors playing tough guys

Johnny-English-1.jpg

Associate
Currently watching through them all, Connery for me though I grew up on the Brosnan films.

I last watched Diamonds are Forever and I didn't know what to think it was so odd

Back
Top Bottom