Recommendation for phone upto value of £250

Associate
Hello, recently sent my LG G5 into my insurance to see if they could fix it, unfortunately they deemed it beyond repair. So I need to find a replacement upto the value of £250 (That's what i'm covered to). Don't worry about saving me money it just can't go much higher than £250, so max £280.

So requirements and background info:

Currently I have two working phones, a oneplus 6 and samsung a70. I don't think there are any phones with better cpu/ram combo for £250 than my one plus (which was obviously more expensive than that) so i'm not really hung up on wanting better specs, although decent performance is always nice. I think something with a camera that is at least as good or possibly better than the phones I currently have would be nice.

1080p screen minimum, not really interested in anything below that, also bigger the better but not if it means I have rubbish battery life.

Also needs to be from a uk vat registered company.

Some phones that have caught my attention:

Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xiaomi-Red...replacementKeywords=xiaomi+redmi+8+pro&sr=8-4

Realme 6

https://www.amazon.co.uk/realme-smo...1&keywords=Realme+6+8GB&qid=1596471167&sr=8-1

HONOR 20

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HONOR-Smar...icle=93-1821&replacementKeywords=honor&sr=8-2

Would appreciate any input or recommendations. As I said, it doesn't have to be from amazon just uk vat registered company.

Soldato
I think the Nokia 7.3 might be out soon, I know the 6.3 is which is what I'm getting

Not sure if they are any good to you I don't know much about phones really but saw the thread and they should be in your price range so worth mentioning

Associate
urrently I have two working phones, a oneplus 6 and samsung a70. I don't think there are any phones with better cpu/ram combo for £250 than my one plus (which was obviously more expensive than that) so i'm not really hung up on wanting better specs, although decent performance is always nice. I think something with a camera that is at least as good or possibly better than the phones I currently have would be nice.

Anything with a SD 765G should more or less match the 845 in graphics and CPU in benches, I just picked up a Mi10 Lite 5G for £250 which has such a chip, only 64Gb and no SD card though, it has just come off of offer, but will no doubt be back on soon such is Xiaomis continual sale process.

The Redmi 10x Pro looks faster again, but not sure you can get that from a UK vat registered and I haven't seen it less than £300.

Associate
The pixel 3a from what i know has a good camera but my recommendation goes to the motorola power g8, which is designed for battery life but maybe you can change your mind as to whatever smartphone you want.

Soldato
Judging by his choices he’s looking at Chinese models, probably due to bang for the buck reasons. If he can spend his money elsewhere then the Motorola Moto G8 Power is where I’d spend it.

Associate
^^^ yeah to be fair the G8 is a pretty good shout. I mean the pixel for better camera and software but the G8 has a much better battery life and killer value. Also the pixel 4a is out today so 3a may go down even more.

Associate
Anything with a SD 765G should more or less match the 845 in graphics and CPU in benches, I just picked up a Mi10 Lite 5G for £250 which has such a chip, only 64Gb and no SD card though, it has just come off of offer, but will no doubt be back on soon such is Xiaomis continual sale process.

Thought I'd quote myself :D

FYI, Mi 10 lite 5G is £245 on Amazon, bargain for the performance on offer, good oled screen and great performance and battery life.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xiaomi-Lite-Version-Official-Warranty/dp/B08BZV6CSN

Soldato
The good things about Motorola Moto G8 Power...

Energy efficient CPU which may not be the fastest in the price range but performance is still decent
Large 5000mah battery which is perfect for the energy efficient CPU
Nice large 6.4” screen
Near stock Android 10

Man of Honour
I have the excellent Moto G8 Plus but last week bought the Moto G8 Power for the wife.
She argued about spending that much but now loves it.
Her second charge was 3 days later and she's now said it was worth the extra over something like the Power Lite.

Back
Top Bottom