Cyberpunk 2077

Associate
More and more gameplay videos coming out On YouTube. This game does look fantastic.
Do you think it will surpass Witcher 3?
I did wonder if people would compare it to the Witcher 3, I guess that's inevitable. Surpass is difficult to quantify though, I think it will be as good but with all the benefits of what they can do with a modern title. For myself I expect 2077 will be a far more fun game than Witcher, because of the world it's set in, type of gameplay and story aligns more to my interests. Others will disagree and wish they made a Witcher 4. It's got some way to go to beat Witcher sales though, 40 million about a year ago. I'm sure its a fair bit more than that now.

Associate
More and more gameplay videos coming out On YouTube. This game does look fantastic.
Do you think it will surpass Witcher 3?

Totally different games. CP77 is more akin to Deus Ex HR crossed with Oblivion/Skyrim. CDPR are now a household name/AAA dev of sorts through the success of the Witcher IP (games and Netflix TV Series), no doubt CP77 is 2020's biggest release just based on their previous merits (bar the new consoles) so it has a lot to live up to. I think it will surpass W3 in terms of sales but to capture the hearts and minds of the consumers (like W3 did) - who knows.

Shawrey

Associate
Music to my ears!!

Honesty I think this will end up righting in the number one slot in my all time favourite games.

I hope it is a cracker.. CDPR can delay it as much as they need to, to get it right. Reminds me of the latest trailer for Biomutant where at the end they say its coming when they (THQ Nordic) are happy with it.

This is the great thing about devs that publish their own games - not tied to the likes of or EA/Ca$htivision pushing release.

Shawrey

Soldato
6 weeks to go:D

I have been reading up on some of the character choices at the start, seems you can select a life path choice for V, Street kid, Corpo or Nomad.

CORPORATE
A high-pressured corporate position as an Arasaka agent, with a body crammed full of the highest military-grade software, (and plenty of drugs). You’ll start out in the Arasaka Tower.

NOMAD
Nomads are usually found in groups, but you’ll start out alone in the Badlands

STREET KID
As a Street Kid, you’ll know the city like the back of your hand, immersed in the urban sprawl where your connections run deep and you’ve got plenty of street cred and street smarts. Your journey will begin in El Coyote Cojo.

I think Im going to choose Nomad as my first play through.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
6 weeks to go:D

I have been reading up on some of the character choices at the start, seems you can select a life path choice for V, Street kid, Corpo or Nomad.

CORPORATE
A high-pressured corporate position as an Arasaka agent, with a body crammed full of the highest military-grade software, (and plenty of drugs). You’ll start out in the Arasaka Tower.

NOMAD
Nomads are usually found in groups, but you’ll start out alone in the Badlands

STREET KID
As a Street Kid, you’ll know the city like the back of your hand, immersed in the urban sprawl where your connections run deep and you’ve got plenty of street cred and street smarts. Your journey will begin in El Coyote Cojo.

I think Im going to choose Nomad as my first play through.
I am not fully sure which order I will do it in, but probably Corpo, Street Kid then Nomad.

Back
Top Bottom