Find me the perfect corner desk

Sgarrista
Commissario
Hi all,

So in 6 weeks I am having a fully custom built corner desk for my office.

And by fully custom, exactly that, it can be made *exactly* how I want it.

So im looking for some inspiration. Some ideas that maybe you have seen.

It has to be functional, so while the super minimalist designs look good, it will need some face to hold client files, stationary, odds and sods, a triple ultrawide monitor setup, and obviously the PC itself.

The WxD is 1.5M by 1.5M.

So what you got OCUK, whats the worst, and best you can do :)

Associate
How tall are you? I say that as Sharps (and to be fair, neither did we) consider that a 6ft man needs a desk higher than the average wife's dressing table for our study.... Better to go too tall and raise your chair than the alternative.

Associate
Also you can get popup power towers with usb and ethernet in them which are handy. Don't underestimate how many cables you might need and how to hide them away - or how to get to them when you change around.

Caporegime
Few years ago, got a single 4K now and use it as a normal desk with extra space to one side.

If using the three monitor setup it would have been nice for the bit in front of me to have extended further towards me with a flat edge.

nkkUirq.jpg

Soldato
How much are you paying and what material. I ask as I'm looking at corner desks too, just not custom as 'off the shelf' will be fine for me as I need a filling cabinet but that's about it (corner desk due to needed space for Lego falcon when I finally build it:D).

Soldato
for home working ? or gaming

I'd go handed, similar to what we use at work - ergonomic shape and height is what counts .. so you can sit 'into' it
need depth so can have monitor far enough back, probably need riser anyway , if keyboards, to be, at right level,
with depth too, there's enough space for an a4 pad when needed too.

for working, two vertical monitors can be more ergonomic.

50257650281_8a495c50f9_c_d.jpg

Soldato
So im looking for some inspiration. Some ideas that maybe you have seen.

I'm not really sure what ideas/inspiration you're after - a corner desk is a corner desk.

Are you more interested in the aesthetics side of it?

If so:
- Cable holes for monitor wires
- Some sort of cable organisation system underneath the desk so no trailing wires
- Electronic height adjusting system (it's good to be able to stand at a desk now)
- Bling? - custom RGB / smart lighting

Soldato
I got this one as a wedding present: https://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewi...XwBQaBqPNGmdAcTOqC4aAoQbEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

It's very spacious and works very well if you have other cabinets from the same range, which I do... but it's designed to have a keyboard tray, so a bit tall for normal use. The under-desk shelves also get in the way if you want to sprawl out and watch a film or something.
But fundamentally, it works great, especially for a large screen on a monitor arm.
Were it me, I'd just alter the design a bit to fit me better.

Soldato
Two rectangular/square desks that can be put side by side in a room corner, but can be seperated to put in the middle of a wall at a future date, rather than a "silly" looking corner desk that will usually look odd in the middle of a wall.

Soldato
I got myself a corner desk at the beginning of the month.
I'm really happy with it
x4Ygmgw.jpg

Pretty cheap from Amazon, had to buy the monitor stand seperate.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07Q1FXWLP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B082MXKBNM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

your printer position worries me, I would have accidently booted 2 bells out of that printer when I strech my legs :(

Back
Top Bottom