What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Just started Dirty John season 2 : Betty Broderick. Only on episode 1 but it's piqued my interest.

I'm still slowly making my way through the X files, though when I started it I didn't realise that there were 10 seasons with most having about 22/24 episodes each :eek: (I think there's something like 198 episodes in total!)

Permabanned
first time I watched the xfiles was the very first episode when we only had the 4 channels....with the tv cable splitter plugged into my Amstrad 128k while I was eating a pot noodle...didn't have the internet to tell me it was coming or that so just a random tune in. sat there thinking omg this is something good :p

it was chicken n mushroom

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
I'm looking for a tv series that doesn't have too many parts/seasons as I tend to lose interest. I don't mind the genre, any suggestions welcome.

I've seen Chernobyl and Devs; enjoyed both of them.

Soldato
Some suggestions:

The Sinner on Netflix. Three series but each stands on its own with a different main character.
Santa Clarita Diet on Netflix. Again three series, but gets a good ending and is well acted and thoroughly enjoyable throughout.
Love. Death. Robots. Odd and each episode stands alone, at least half of them are decent.

Otherwise I think what you’re actually looking for is movies ;)

Soldato
Santa Clarita Diet on Netflix. Again three series, but gets a good ending and is well acted and thoroughly enjoyable throughout.

Is this finished and wrapped up? I initially really enjoyed it, then it lost me in the middle of S3. If it's all wrapped up and done well, maybe I'll go back and at least get to the end...

Soldato
I'm looking for a tv series that doesn't have too many parts/seasons as I tend to lose interest. I don't mind the genre, any suggestions welcome.

Can't remember if it was you that we suggested True Detective to a few weeks back, nice self contained seasons.

Horror wise, Haunting Of Hill House is some of the best written horror i've seen in movie or TV form for years and years.

Sci fi - i'll echo Love, Death and Robots mentioned above, a few dire episodes but some stellar episodes too, all short stories. Also Altered Carbon season 1 is great viewing.

Soldato
For All Mankind - 7/10 - An Apple TV series based on an alternative history where the USSR was the first to put a man on the moon leading the US to greatly ramp up it's efforts to beat the Soviet space race.

Season 1 Trailer

Great production, great acting of some pretty harrowing stuff and a fairly good story which, while some small sections of it appear lean heavily into modern "woke" culture - it's actually a great representation of the late 60's & early 70's USA where race and gender was being fought over - it seems to be a reasonable facsimile to what would have happened to the whole of the US had the they actually lost the space race and their desperation to do anything to get ahead of the Soviets in space.

Season 2 is just around the corner so only watch this trailer if you don't want any potential Season 1 spoilers -

Season 2 Trailer

Soldato

Godless on Netflix is good - a miniseries, so just intended as one season. And it's good.

I also liked The Get Down on Netflix. A high budget Baz Lurman series set around the birth of Hip Hop in New York. I'm not really into hip-hop, but this was pretty great, if a little off the rails at times (apparently, it spiraled through its budget). 2 Seasons.

Soldato

I quite enjoyed little birds. Only 6 episodes and 1 season released so far. Euphoria is also a good one too, was out ages ago but still worth a watch.

If you're into documentaries etc then unsolved mysteries on Netflix was interesting. As is cold case files and the confession tapes

Dirty John season 1 was good (based on real events) Season 2 is a different story and I'm only 2 or 3 episodes in but it's getting really interesting now (I've been good and not googled the real story)

Basically...quite a few :D

Soldato
just about to start series 3 of yellowstone. kevin costner and a western theme, whats not to like.

I watched episode 1 of S3 tonight, good start. I had to take a small break after S2 as the last 4 episodes kept me completely on edge and needed to decompress, some of the better television i've seen in recent years.

I'm also developing an unhealthy desire for Kelly Reilly.

Back
Top Bottom