Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Man of Honour
Rest of the 2020 Calendar confirmed with Istanbul on the list (subject to homologation)
July 5 Austria
July 12 Austria
July 19 Hungary
August 2 Britain
August 9 Britain
August 16 Spain
August 30 Belgium
September 6 Monza, Italy
September 13 Mugello, Italy
September 27 Russia
October 11 Nurburgring, Germany
October 25 Portimao, Portugal
November 1 Imola, Italy
November 15, Turkey * subject to homologation
November 29, Bahrain
December 6, Bahrain
December 13, Abu Dhabi

Not clear if Bahrain is two races on the same layout or a change as was mooted before.

Soldato
Very happy Turkey is back. F1 needs to do more to have tracks like this rather boring tracks like the French GP etc.
Absolutely. I've said it before, but in terms of the tracks used this is one of the best seasons ever. The only duds are Catalunya, Sochi and Abu Dhabi. Imola probably won't be great either with the current spec cars, but hopefully it rains in Italy in November.

Associate
I like how we are getting a race (virtually) every week.

Great to see Istanbul is back and some exciting new tracks lined up. I like Imola for the history and lore (like Zandvoort, Brands), although I think it will be a procession. If only they restored Tambarello and Villeneuve.

P.S. No distaste intended, tracks lose their soul when changed (Hockenheim, Zandvoort).

Soldato
That'll be a fun race I think. Seems to be really diving opinion based on comments on Twitter! I think it'll make a nice change from long tracks with one overtaking chance a lap with a tail of cars going around the rest of the track. I imagine there could be quite a lot of close cars dicing it out through the the lap swapping positions, qualifying will be pretty chaotic too!

Man of Honour
The RACE have done an Asseto Corsa run round it in an F1ish car. Looks pretty neat.

As they suggest, though, I think it has more in common with a track like Monza than with a true Oval. There's a lot of fast sections, but also some slower fiddly corners.

Certainly seems like "Monza in the Desert" quick lap; was almost surprised when the lap ended!

Back
Top Bottom