**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 20/Ultra Thread ****

Associate
For anyone who has previous Galaxy Note devices, a Samsung Notes update has just dropped to bring all the new features of the Note 20 range to older devices. Go check it out, there's some neat features in there.

Associate
Nope. Though it likely wasn't sent out until Friday (official release) & therefore Royal Mail will eventually post it this week.

Almost done transferring.

Associate
I am really tempted, to give up my contempt of Sammy, shafting us, continuously, with the exynos, as at times, due to using my phone a lot for work and play, I do need the spen. However, I just can't bring myself, to accept the exynos version!

Associate
I am really tempted, to give up my contempt of Sammy, shafting us, continuously, with the exynos, as at times, due to using my phone a lot for work and play, I do need the spen. However, I just can't bring myself, to accept the exynos version!
To be fair the battery is about the same as my Galaxy Note 10+ was, I have just put it on charge after doing just under 8hrs screen on time with general usage, no games but plenty of camera, Notes, browsing etc, it had around 14% battery left. I haven't noticed it getting hot but slightly warm sometimes when doing lots of video.

It's annoying the fact that some get the Snapdragon 865+ and we get the Exynos 990 but it is what it is and this topic has really been done to death. Each individual has to way up the pro's and cons as to whether they will get the phone or not, Samsung don't give a **** either way to be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
To be fair the battery is about the same as my Galaxy Note 10+ was, I have just put it on charge after doing just under 8hrs screen on time with general usage, no games but plenty of camera, Notes, browsing etc, it had around 14% battery left. I haven't noticed it getting hot but slightly warm sometimes when doing lots of video.

It's annoying the fact that some get the Snapdragon 865+ and we get the Exynos 990 but it is what it is and this topic has really been done to death. Each individual has to way up the pro's and cons as to whether they will get the phone or not, Samsung don't give a **** either way to be honest.
Yes you're right, everyone knows what they are jumping into. I am really unsure though as I definitely could save my poor fingers by having the spen. The none ultra model is cheaper but been spoiled rotten using an oppo with 120hz refresh rate, couldn't possibly use any screen resolution lower lol .

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Yes you're right, everyone knows what they are jumping into. I am really unsure though as I definitely could save my poor fingers by having the spen. The none ultra model is cheaper but been spoiled rotten using an oppo with 120hz refresh rate, couldn't possibly use any screen resolution lower lol .
Haha! yeah some of these other brands are really packing their phones full of flagship spec and 120hz is not new tech anymore. God help Samsung if one of the other manufacturers come out with a version of the S Pen, I think this is what we need to kick Samsung in the @$$ and lower their prices, at the minute there is no competition for the Note series, if I wasn't so hooked on the S Pen I would have bought the Huawei P40 Pro, it's an awesome phone for the money!

Associate
Haha! yeah some of these other brands are really packing their phones full of flagship spec and 120hz is not new tech anymore. God help Samsung if one of the other manufacturers come out with a version of the S Pen, I think this is what we need to kick Samsung in the @$$ and lower their prices, at the minute there is no competition for the Note series, if I wasn't so hooked on the S Pen I would have bought the Huawei P40 Pro, it's an awesome phone for the money!
Why can't any other manufacturers come out with their own version of the spen?

Associate
Why can't any other manufacturers come out with their own version of the spen?
Strange isn't it, maybe Samsung have lots of patents and would make it hard for others to compete, if Apple made a version and used a smaller Apple pencil it would kill the Note sales as lots of iPhone users ditch Apple for the Note, but then probably go back because they get more battery life lol.

Associate
Strange isn't it, maybe Samsung have lots of patents and would make it hard for others to compete, if Apple made a version and used a smaller Apple pencil it would kill the Note sales as lots of iPhone users ditch Apple for the Note, but then probably go back because they get more battery life lol.
Yes probably the patents . But the funny part is that most phones now copy from each anyway. Imagine if a company was to patent the 120hz or 144Hz screen , there wouldn't be any development. The fact that Sammy have to rely on an android platform, to sell phones, should be reason for another company to try out an spen .

Associate
Yes probably the patents . But the funny part is that most phones now copy from each anyway. Imagine if a company was to patent the 120hz or 144Hz screen , there wouldn't be any development. The fact that Sammy have to rely on an android platform, to sell phones, should be reason for another company to try out an spen .
That's true. The Note series has been around since 2011 and started to take off after the Note 2 so it's been long enough for a competitor to sus out the idea. I gotta say I have had a few Notes over the years, 2,3,4,8,9,10 and now the 20, so it pains me even more when they bring out the next iteration and it's got some below par features.

Associate
Any tips for battery saving? I have come from being a long time iPhone user and the Note 20 Ultra definitely drains quicker.
I have the power mode on optimised, there's also a setting in there for adaptive power saving which will learn your use patterns and turn things off if your not using them, unless you need the 120hz refresh turn that to 60hz.

Back
Top Bottom