NR200 Owner's Thread

Soldato
I think this is currently one of my favourite builds. Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi both vented and TG panels showing.
https://www.reddit.com/r/sffpc/comments/ibx5wn/nr200p_nr200_rgb_build/

Vented has better temps, but 70C with TG isnt that bad.

Edit: Just saw that Cryorig uses NZXT CAM software, so I won't be using that after all.

Annoying isn't it, was very close to buying one and then read you need CAM to control the RGB, no chance I want that bloat on my system

Impossible to find at the moment anyway

Associate
Watercooling the Nr200 Custom loop..

This look amazing, should have put a little radiator at the back though. Would have helped with temps quite a bit I'd think and would not need to intrude too much on looks. With the setup in the video it should be easy to add it into the loop.

Associate
Yeh the white looks great, if the white version of the case came like that I'd have bought it over black I reckon. Did you just cut your own window into one of your metal panels?

*goes and watches the new Optimum Tech vid*

I used the top & bottom metal Rails from the T.G panel on my own cut & drilled window :)

Associate
I almost have given up on the idea of Mounting the Arctic liquid freezer II 240mm under the bottom case panel

1: The Radiator be real low down from the Pump, making really poor
2: to get the Pump/CPU Cooler mount in the case I would have to cut out some of the back Panel

Arctic liquid freezer II 120mm Radiator would be easy to mount inside of the case
but the cooling performance be a lot less

Last edited:
Associate
This is news to me, but I guess logical. Mounting the radiator of an AIO at the bottom of this case (or any other case) is a bad idea, at least according to Gamers Nexus, who specifically reference the NR200;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbGomv195sk

May explain why the AIO mounted in my Dan A4 cools so poorly, and one core runs 15c hotter than the others, even at idle.
This morning I literally just turned my Dan A4 upside down and left it to run, the bottom mounted 92mm AIO radiator was therefore flipped to the top. My idle temps dropped by about 8c across all cores within a few minutes . I still saw a temperature differential across the cores but it was not as extreme, perhaps 10c. The Pump Block hoses were at the bottom of the pump block when flipped, so this may not have been ideal, but it is interesting it made such a difference. I think with a bit of shaking perhaps I could move any trapped air, but this is supposition.

Soldato
OP
My Ncase has gone. All-in on NR200 now.

Here are some comparison pics of the two cases:

http://imgur.com/a/pimSY4i

TBH, M1 is a tough sell now with the NR200 out. Sure, it's smaller and lighter. But it's over twice the price. And the NR200 is the better case. Cooler Master basically up-sized an M1 and then improved it.

Associate
Good Morning,

I'm thinking of buying the case and running a Ryzen 3400G with it.
The airflow from the bottom up makes the most sense to me.

After I saw that the Noctua NHC14S I had chosen is causing problems here, only the Noctua NH U12A / S makes sense, or the smaller one with a 92mm fan.
Alternatively, the Cryorig H7, but you can turn them all so that the fans / coolers blow horizontally from bottom to top and not from right to left.
Does this hit the RAM then, because of the wideness?

Thank you very much

Associate
Good Morning,

I'm thinking of buying the case and running a Ryzen 3400G with it.
The airflow from the bottom up makes the most sense to me.

After I saw that the Noctua NHC14S I had chosen is causing problems here, only the Noctua NH U12A / S makes sense, or the smaller one with a 92mm fan.
Alternatively, the Cryorig H7, but you can turn them all so that the fans / coolers blow horizontally from bottom to top and not from right to left.
Does this hit the RAM then, because of the wideness?

Thank you very much

If you are only going to use a 3400G you should be fine with a Noctua NH-U9S.

Soldato
Seems like a larger than necessary case if you are just going with an APU? Or is that just to tide you over until the next gen?

Just watched that new Optimum Tech video. Wasn't expecting a single 240mm radiator to cope with watercooling a 3950x and a 1080ti at the same time! Granted the temperatures are high under full load, but just knowing it's possible makes me think that something more mid range is definitely on the cards with the single rad. Looks like I may be watercooling at a later date afterall! Haha :D

Associate
Just saw on SFFPC that he tests in 20C room. So temps will be warmer when in warmer room, I'd have to add about 4-5 degrees to that at the moment. And with temps like last week that machine would get too hot ;)
I am curious though if he were to add a radiator with fan on the rear it should improve quite a bit without causing too much intrusion on the looks.

Soldato
Yeh it's a pretty cool room he tests in, my office has been sitting around 25 degrees for most of the summer. But I'm not going to be buying a 3950x, and unlikely to be grabbing something as hot as a 1080ti either!
Trying to get a little radiator on the back would be good though.

Back
Top Bottom