• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon VII Owners Thread

Associate
Just procured another Radeon VII and this one appears to be a very good sample. Have been able to under volt to -0.950mv without any obvious stability issues, memory at 120Mhz. Will try and lower voltage a bit further to see at which point I get crashes or artifacts.
Sounds good. I've been running 950mv ever since the drivers killed off overclocking. What's the cards default voltage? Mines 1060-1063mv.

Caporegime
Sounds good. I've been running 950mv ever since the drivers killed off overclocking. What's the cards default voltage? Mines 1060-1063mv.
Nice, I’ve tested a few but this is definitely the best I’ve seen until now!

Default voltage is 1.079 out of the box.

I will look into that overclocking issue again and file a ticket when I am back at work, on vacation now for a few weeks. :)

Associate
Nice, I’ve tested a few but this is definitely the best I’ve seen until now!

Default voltage is 1.079 out of the box.

I will look into that overclocking issue again and file a ticket when I am back at work, on vacation now for a few weeks. :)
I'm on a visiting trip myself. Just done Legoland. Thanks for having a look into the driver issue for us. I've just done Forza Motorsport 4, runs very well with the vii. 4k max settings and loves it.

Associate
Hi All, need your collective advice please. Done a fresh install of win 10 alongside core upgrade and need to reapply the regeit for EvenmorePower for my MPT OC.

Because I tested everything with a 750ti before sorting the vii in to the loop, I have the 750ti as 0000 in the registry, the vii is 0001.

I can't find the vid I followed back in the day which I remember mentioned something about the specific numbering of the reg and how to deal with it.

Can anyone point me right? Or am I looking at DDU and starting again?

Soldato
Been quiet in here for a while, have a question for the VII gang.

I am very impressed with the card in Cyberpunk 50-60 FPS 1440p ultra but she does get a bit toasty

Core is only getting up to 65-70 but the junction is up near 110 at times. What is the safe junction ceiling on these cards?

Cheers

Ben

Associate

I am very impressed with the card in Cyberpunk 50-60 FPS 1440p ultra but she does get a bit toasty

Core is only getting up to 65-70 but the junction is up near 110 at times. What is the safe junction ceiling on these cards?

Cheers

Ben
Do you undervolt the card. I ran mine at 950mv on water for 1800mhz (1060-1063mv default voltage).

Associate

Cheers

Ben

I think much more than 110c and they start to throttle back, someone with more knowledge would be able to confirm the actual temp but it was circa 115c from memory.

Do you undervolt the card. I ran mine at 950mv on water for 1800mhz (1060-1063mv default voltage).

Are you running stock clocks? If so, do what Jenny suggests and undervolt. Mine did 980mv and when I was on air not only did it run cooler, it sounded waaayyyy quieter

Soldato
I have it undervolted to 980v from memory and memory clock of 1050, guessing that memory clock isnt going to add too much more heat?

I think that my case is an issue too as it's rather small. Have a new larger MATX case with better airflow to rebuild the machine into over Xmas

Soldato
just checked, I am running 980mv, 1832 P3 and 1050MHz memory

In pretty much everything else I am not breaking 100 on the TJ, Cyberpunk is the only thing that has really hit it hard

Associate
just checked, I am running 980mv, 1832 P3 and 1050MHz memory

In pretty much everything else I am not breaking 100 on the TJ, Cyberpunk is the only thing that has really hit it hard
I'd leave the clock at default as the drivers died for core OC after 19.7.5, 1100Mhz HBM shouldn't be an issue, I ran at 1140MHz on my card.
I held around 1760MHz with the default clock in game. How's Cyperpunk holding up for clocks?

Soldato
Sorry for the delay, didn't get on the game last night

Gave it a go this morning was the clock set to default and 980v + left memory at 1050

Not sure if few nights ago was just an anomaly but today I have seen GPU high of 70 and TJ of 95. Game is running great at 50-60 FPS still and seeing a clock speed of 1700-1750/60 pretty much solidly

not sure if reset to default core clock made a difference but hey....will take it!

I have the game set to ultra fidelity settings with fidelity FX on with a standard 100% and low cut off of 80%

So impressed how the card is running the game. It looks spectacular :)

Associate
Sorry for the delay, didn't get on the game last night

Gave it a go this morning was the clock set to default and 980v + left memory at 1050

Not sure if few nights ago was just an anomaly but today I have seen GPU high of 70 and TJ of 95. Game is running great at 50-60 FPS still and seeing a clock speed of 1700-1750/60 pretty much solidly

not sure if reset to default core clock made a difference but hey....will take it!

I have the game set to ultra fidelity settings with fidelity FX on with a standard 100% and low cut off of 80%

So impressed how the card is running the game. It looks spectacular :)
Cool, good to hear its running well. I think the reset would have helped as changing the clock off default makes the card loose a little clock I found drops back to around 1720-1730mhz oddly. So you should have solved that.

Associate
Hello all!
Do you guys believe is worth it to upgrade from the Radeon VII to the 6700XT? In the case, sure the guy is a miner because he is offering me the 6700XT + some money, around 200 quid.

But, performance wise, what do you think?
My RVII is not a great overclocker anyway, I can not go any further than 1965/1125/1110mV without some issues.
What do you think?

Associate
Hello all!
Do you guys believe is worth it to upgrade from the Radeon VII to the 6700XT? In the case, sure the guy is a miner because he is offering me the 6700XT + some money, around 200 quid.

But, performance wise, what do you think?
My RVII is not a great overclocker anyway, I can not go any further than 1965/1125/1110mV without some issues.
What do you think?
Your Vii is currently selling for £1250-1650 in the last 2 weeks at auction. So you'd be looking at a min of £500 your way or sell it and move on. You'll cover a 6900xt selling it.

Associate
@Chud_Jenny Yeah, I've noticed that but just thinking about selling in eBay gives goosebumps. I've read so me feedback from people that lost they gpu in there because the buyer made up some story and the seller ended up without the card, and money.

Associate
@Chud_Jenny Yeah, I've noticed that but just thinking about selling in eBay gives goosebumps. I've read so me feedback from people that lost they gpu in there because the buyer made up some story and the seller ended up without the card, and money.
Ye need to be very careful. It's just a good indication of the market prices more than anything else. I did sell my sons reference 5700 for £800 within an hour issue free though. The buyer looked to build mining rigs and had sold one just days before.

Associate
That is my main concern, I can not afford to lose that money right now. I am going to do this deal with this guy. Is not the gpu I wanted, but I also don't want to risk selling on ebay and getting ****** up later one. Thanks for your input @Chud_Jenny!

Back
Top Bottom