Control

Soldato
I've tried getting in to this a few times as it's on PS Now. I like it a lot but oh my what is up with the map? It's atrocious. For a game with so much polish how did they screw it up so badly with a map?

Soldato
I've tried getting in to this a few times as it's on PS Now. I like it a lot but oh my what is up with the map? It's atrocious. For a game with so much polish how did they screw it up so badly with a map?

Agreed the map isnt very helpful, but I do feel it is by design

So it kinda gives you a general idea of where to go, but the rest is up to you, by reading the signs and I guess just knowing where to go and getting familiar with the layout - At first it is confusing but after playing hours and hours and backtracking you know where to go and where those secret places were (imo)

Soldato
The map's been updated recently. It's not perfect but a game that doesn't handhold you on every corner is nice for a change.

You're in a shapeshifting paranormal building that's like a maze, after all:p The map only gives you a general layout of the departments/sectors but doesn't show everything. It seems to be intentional to me, especially after I went back to Dead Letters with a certain ability.

EDIT: Regarding difficulty, I've heard it can get pretty tough sometimes. There are also the Jukebox challenges you can try in Central Executive after beating the gamem Apparently they're hard as hell. I went through Bloodborne and Sekiro and had fun, I hope this isn't worse:p

Last edited:
Soldato
Really enjoying it, my only letdown is that I'll most likely finish the base game and Foundation before AWE comes out and I really wanted to play through them all without waiting.

Soldato
All right, finished the base game and The Foundation.

Wasn't a big fan of the main environment in the Foundation but some bits were pretty damn good. I didn't encounter any hard bosses TBH, the Camera was awesome, best bit in the DLC:D
Still have some stuff to do in the DLC so might go back.

Soldato
After seeing the AWE trailer last week and the integration with the Remedy Universe and hearing Wakes voice, this certainly piqued my interest. I grabbed the deluxe version from the store with the DLC last week and haven't put it down since. Really enjoying it so far.

Soldato
I enjoyed Control, I was going to pick it up a few months ago when it was "deal of the week" on PSN, but then added £10 and bought a Now Subscription instead.
I loved the game, the environment, the story, all of it really - I did however have a real problem with the "optional bosses". I mean, I completed the story, but remain unable to beat any of the 4? bosses.
There are game mechanics there, but just could not get to grips with them - there being no "difficultly levels" just made those encounters frustrating. Yer it's great to beat bosses on the difficulty level you're playing at, but at least in most games if you've spent hours you can drop it and at last beat them.

**** my only gripe and I must get around to the DLC at some point.

Soldato
Gave it a try via PS Plus - got as far as picking up a gun, then deleted it. Can't really put a finger on it, but other than looking quite nice, it didn't have enough to grab me, no doubt a longer play was needed, but I'm game rich at the moment and not time rich; so I need something that grabs me early on.

Soldato
OP
I enjoyed Control, I was going to pick it up a few months ago when it was "deal of the week" on PSN, but then added £10 and bought a Now Subscription instead.
I loved the game, the environment, the story, all of it really - I did however have a real problem with the "optional bosses". I mean, I completed the story, but remain unable to beat any of the 4? bosses.
There are game mechanics there, but just could not get to grips with them - there being no "difficultly levels" just made those encounters frustrating. Yer it's great to beat bosses on the difficulty level you're playing at, but at least in most games if you've spent hours you can drop it and at last beat them.

**** my only gripe and I must get around to the DLC at some point.

Yep, think I've said it before but the game (especially the Foundation DLC) can get punishingly difficult at times. I got the platinum for the full game but there are still three boss encounters in Foundation that I haven't been able to complete, which is absurd.

Soldato
OP
That is kind of a shame, I bought the digital deluxe edition on release so I feel like they could have at least included it in that version too, but I guess doing it retrospectively for specific versions would be difficult.

Soldato
Really enjoyed this and got the platinum trophy. My only criticism is that the map is a bit confusing at times. I did struggle when I got to cleanse the TV but once i'd realised that launch is the main weapon of the game and got this powered up, the bosses arent too bad. At first I was using guns and filling in with launch while the gun was recharging when I should have been doing the opposite.

Soldato
OP
a3phnCS.png

ABOUT AWE
AWE brings new story content and side missions as well as new weapons and mods to the world of Control.
The Bureau studied its most dangerous Altered World Events in this lost sector. The records were sealed, the objects contained, and their powers abandoned. Now, the sector is breached and the objects are loose…

Finished AWE last night, really enjoyed it and it felt a bit more interesting than Foundation and didn't have quite so many punishing boss encounters. The new weapons and abilities were more interesting than what was added in Foundation too.

I liked how they've tied it in with the events of Alan Wake although I feel like they could have probably focused on that a bit more as I imagine people who haven't played Alan Wake were left fairly confused as to what was going on. It certainly feels like they're giving themselves the opportunity to do an Alan Wake 2, although that ship has perhaps long since sailed.

Caporegime
Bit odd, Control is £49.99 on the MS store but Control Ultimate which includes the £49.99 Control is £34.99 :p

I haven't played it yet but given the news about the Series X version ill wait and play it then I think.

Associate
Just completed this on XSX and absolutely loved it.

The polish, physics, smoothness etc all absolutely first rate.

Map is lame (doesn't load quickly at times) and aiming isn't easiest but still, solid 9/10. Loved Alan Wake too, can't remember much about Quantum Break except the final boss was annoying.

Anyway, thoroughly recommended and it's a no brainer all the while it's on gamepass!

Back
Top Bottom