Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Actually looks pretty good, Kia have come a long way in recent years.

I've never understood the hate directed at SUVs. I'd have a new Range Rover Vogue over pretty much any other car on the market: as much as I love estate cars such as the RS6, they wouldn't do everything I need half as well as an SUV.

I would prefer a smaller car personally, however she needs to tow a horsebox every so often. A pickup would do the job, but would be a bit compromised when she's not towing, which is most of the time. So an SUV it is, as it bridges the gap between being able to tow comfortably and safely whilst still being a "car" most of the time.

And yes I agree about Kia in general. We bought her last one to do the same job. It was 4 years old when we bought it, and had 3 years of warranty left. I didn't really care about looks, but it was comfortable, reliable and a great workhorse. It had a couple of issues while under warranty which were fixed with no questions by the dealer. So when she wanted to upgrade to something newer, we didn't really look much further than a newer model of the same car.

This one is a late 2017 model, and we went up a couple of trim levels. So not a particularly exciting progression I know, but it's well equipped, comfortable, and still has four years of the warranty left for peace of mind.

I like the new Kia Sorento. They used to be crap. Now they seem pretty great value. Styling inside and out has come on leaps and bounds. I assume other areas are the same.

Yup. The interior of our last was fine to me. The new one is much better. However, I'm generally not that bothered by interiors. I'm sure some of our resident dashboard prodders would turn their noses up compared to something German but as long as its comfortable, ergonomic and doesn't fall apart, I'm happy.

Soldato
How big are they? If there's one thing that annoys me about the new car, it's the size of the wheels. We wanted the better specced model, but that meant going from a 17" to a 19" rim. I would prefer the smaller wheel with cheaper tyres and less chance of kerbing.

Soldato
20” wheels. But rides lovely has its on decent sidewall heights and plenty of bump travel.

Yeah, the larger wheel hasn't affected the comfort at all, which I though it might, so that is good. My main objection is increased tyre costs for seemingly nothing. Its an SUV...styling and steering response are not top of my priority list :p

Soldato
Too much jibba jabba here :D

59ef10dc634bad7ebfa174446f8e4c71.jpg

Pic of my boat.

Back
Top Bottom