New build advice required

Associate
After nearly 8 years my motherboard has given up, so I need a new PC. I don’t really stay in the loop of what’s going on but I see Nvidia are going announce new GPUs soon and Ryzen 4000 series CPU may be here in October? I use the PC for gaming and work (just office type stuff, Photoshop etc) and I need something quickly to get up and running again for work but I’m not sure whether to just get something cheap for the time being until new product arrives (I tend to buy stuff and then try to get 5ish years out of it).

Any advice and spec recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

I already have dual monitors, Windows 10, keyboard, mouse, audio hardware and run an Ethernet network connection. I also have a GTX 1070 and a Samsung 970 EVO Plus V-NAND M.2 250GB SSD I am potentially happy to carry on using for a bit.

I like the Be Quiet Dark Pro 900 Rev 2 case and wouldn’t mind trying one of their power supplies. I’m thinking I could buy these as I’ll be keeping them in the longer term and then get everything else as a temporary option. I was looking to spend 2.5-3k if I was going to keep everything in the long term. Am I daft doing temporary options or should I just get the best stuff I can afford now (and any spec lists would be greatly appreciated!)?

Thank you for any assistance.

Soldato
If you want to fully invest in all-new gen parts... why not just find a replacement used mobo for your system?

Then do the full hog upgrade later in the year?

Man of Honour
The only temp option really would be the cpu if you go down that route.

Ryxrn 4000 will possibly delayed to next year due to covid

What motherboard do you need for your old system ?

Soldato
SAve your self with case with base 700 over 900. Your back will thank you ! 900 is sooo heavy !

I have BeQuiet PSU, good quality but warranty needs to be longer .

Intel, though intel having announcement Sept 1st (paper launch)
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,143.59 (includes shipping: £14.70)
mobile-minimized.png

AMD version
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,107.59 (includes shipping: £14.70)

Add Aorus WiFi AX card for £34 if needs be

What ever you buy, will be out dated. New intel and AMD coming out, but the ones after that is even better performance and both on a new socket and DDR5 etc .​

Back
Top Bottom