X4 Foundations

Associate
Best thing to do is play the research mission from the boron up until the point it gives you 200k, use that to buy a better ship.

Then, either run missions or you could go crystal mining which is a little bit cheesy as it's easy money, but hey it's in the game.

Google crystal mining more, but in a nutshell in certain systems you can shoot at asteroids just with any normal gun, and they will drop crystals which you can collect and sell.

Once you have enough money buy auto miners, they are the best at making money at the start. Put those in friendly systems with lots of NPC factories. Until you figure things out, as a rough guide it's best to put your auto miners in systems with as many factories/stations as you can fine, rather than worrying about the quality of the ore itself.

Once you have like 10+ auto miners look into station building, that is where the real money is made but by then you'll have probably learned a lot more and have a better idea in general.

I've restarted on this new game there's a hell of a lot more refinerys to start a mining process

Seems to be a lot more going on this 1

Soldato
Getting the better of enemies now I've got a few nemesis sentinels.

Trade for mining materials seems to be stalling a bit so now moving into traders. Only problem I have is I have to manage all my trading vessels as pilot skills to low. It's taking a age to get them to 2 stars let alone 3. Struggling to find seminars to upgrade them.

Soldato
OP
Gregory post_id=4978009 time=1598515597 user_id=539054 said:
EGOSOFT unveils the next chapter in its long-standing space simulation franchise. X4: Cradle of Humanity is the second expansion for the latest game in the series, X4: Foundations, which was released for PC in November 2018.
The teaser trailer for X4: Cradle of Humanity will premiere today at 23:45 CEST / 10:45pm BST / 5:45pm EDT / 2:45pm PDT during the gamescom studio live show, produced by IGN, over at www.youtube.com/IGN.
Later this year, X4: Cradle of Humanity will bring the X series back to Earth, significantly increasing the size of the game's universe with new sectors, and welcoming two Terran factions to X4: Foundations, along with their economy, ships, weapons and stations. New game-starts will introduce the identity and political stance of the Terran factions, as well as giving an alternative perspective on existing story developments in X4: Foundations.
X4: Cradle of Humanity will also shed light on what has happened to Earth in the decades since the jump-gate shutdown. Furthermore, a certain pirate faction that is well known to fans of the series will be making a dramatic comeback!
X4: Cradle of Humanity will be accompanied by the biggest free update to X4: Foundations yet. Update 4.0 will be made available to all owners of the base game and is set to further enhance X4: Foundations in a number of ways, including major new gameplay features (e.g. a new terraforming feature) and wide-ranging visual improvements (e.g. volumetric fog). Details of these, and on other new elements of the 4.0 update, will be disclosed at a later stage.
Join us for a livestream on Friday, August 28th, 2020 at 7pm CEST / 6pm BST / 1pm EDT / 10am PDT at www.twitch.tv/egosoftofficial to find out more about our plans for the future of X4: Foundations and X4: Cradle of Humanity.
X4: Cradle of Humanity is now listed on Steam and can be added to players' wish-lists. Alternatively, by purchasing the X4: Foundations Collector's Edition bundle, space adventurers can secure access to the expansion when it is released as well as benefitting from a discount over buying it separately.
gamescom_schedule_800.png

https://forum.egosoft.com/posting.php?mode=quote&f=146&p=4978009

Man of Honour
It sounds like terraforming will be similar to the previous Hub plot.

Apparently the Split expansion sold really well, as good as a new game, so they are hinting continued support after DLC2. Fingers crossed for a Boron DLC3 and continued support beyond.

Graphic engine is getting another update. Volumetric fog finally. It looks great. Performance is meant to be getting an improvement like threading more.

Soldato
Just finished watching the stream. New stuff is all looking good. Though I still want them to add better way to command your fleet without going into the menu's. It's my only gripe about the game I think.

Associate
Still just randomly flying round picking up missions

Got about 10 miners doing their thing and 1 trader auto trading and 1 sitting around doing nothing unless I tell it where to buy and sell

Got about 10 million credits now and just waiting on the unknown station landing pad to be built still feeling I haven't got a clue on what I'm doing tho

Back
Top Bottom