Keep RX 5700 XT or Wait For New GPU's?

Soldato
I've just bought a Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT Gaming OC 8G (£344) and have a 30 day cooling off period.

I'm happy enough with the card, but wonder if it's worth returning it and waiting for the next gen GPUs, due out pretty soon?

Will the gain be worth the wait, as I'll have to go back to my 1660 Super in the meantime and I quite like the extra FPS?

Cheers

Soldato
We just don't know when the next cards will arrive or how fast they might be. £344 seems a reasonable price for a 5700XT

Associate
I'd keep that card now, I have one myself, and have a great time with it now. The new gpus look to be fairly expensive so if you did want one I'd sell that GPU for around £280 when the new ones come out (make sure to advertise the fact that it still has warranty - you might even be able to get more money!)

Permabanned
I've just bought a Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT Gaming OC 8G (£344) and have a 30 day cooling off period.

I'm happy enough with the card, but wonder if it's worth returning it and waiting for the next gen GPUs, due out pretty soon?

Will the gain be worth the wait, as I'll have to go back to my 1660 Super in the meantime and I quite like the extra FPS?

Cheers

I think Q1 2021 at the latest AMD will release a mid-range Navi 2X GPU.
With 50% higher performance per watt and if we are lucky - DX12 Ultimate - DX12_2 support.

Associate
I just looked at all the current cards and then moved from 1060 3GB to RX 580 at minimal cost for a few months.

The 1660 super will probably lose less value in the next month or few than the RX 5700 GT, assuming they lose a similar %.

You should choose based on the next 6-9 months, not 1, as it will take that long for next gen wide availability and stable pricing.

That may lead you towards keeping the better card and selling the cheaper one?

Edit : I type so slowly that by the end, my message is outdated. For one month, sell/return the better card now and use the cheaper. For 6 months+, sell the cheaper now and enjoy the better one.

Back
Top Bottom