850w enough for this?

Man of Honour
Hey people of the internet :p

I'm looking at an 850w Phanteks PSU, I'm assuming it's plenty for the following?

3600X (maybe upgrade later on?)
MSI X570 Mobo
32GB RAM (4x8GB)
Sapphire 5700XT
2 x NVMe drives
1 x SATA drive
8 x Fans
Various USB devices and LED lights?

Thanks all :)

Man of Honour
OP
Really appreciate the swift reply, any issues with cable routing or quality etc? Hardly any reviews to be found.
The cables themselves are a nice thick quality and can be bent to shape to a reasonable degree, they only thing I didn't really like was the outer sheath they use, it's a bit cheap feeling, but once in place it looks ok.

They only other thing that's just come to mind, which may not affect or bother most is that the PCIe cables have both 8pin & 6pin on the same lead, so I've cable tied the 6pin on each lead behind. I've previously been used to higher wattage PSUs and they have single 8pin cables, not a big issue, just something to be aware of :)

Soldato
The cables themselves are a nice thick quality and can be bent to shape to a reasonable degree, they only thing I didn't really like was the outer sheath they use, it's a bit cheap feeling, but once in place it looks ok.

They only other thing that's just come to mind, which may not affect or bother most is that the PCIe cables have both 8pin & 6pin on the same lead, so I've cable tied the 6pin on each lead behind. I've previously been used to higher wattage PSUs and they have single 8pin cables, not a big issue, just something to be aware of :)

Recently sold an EVGA unit that had the same PCIe cables as you mentioned and a zip tie does the trick, so no problem there. Only thing i find with Seasonic units is that the motherboard power connectors sometimes require force to insert, how was your experience on this?

Man of Honour
OP
Recently sold an EVGA unit that had the same PCIe cables as you mentioned and a zip tie does the trick, so no problem there. Only thing i find with Seasonic units is that the motherboard power connectors sometimes require force to insert, how was your experience on this?
Nope, cables clicked in as normal for me :)

Soldato
Mine came with a UK cable I think, mine also from OCUK. Send them a message in the Customer Service sub forum and they'll send you a cable?

All sorted and I have to commend OcUK support as they are truly above and beyond.

Although I forgot to ask if a UK power cord would effect my unit as it shipped with an EU one?

Should work as it states 110v/240v.

I assume it'll switch depending on the power regulations coming out of the wall?

Man of Honour
OP
All sorted and I have to commend OcUK support as they are truly above and beyond.

Although I forgot to ask if a UK power cord would effect my unit as it shipped with an EU one?

Should work as it states 110v/240v.

I assume it'll switch depending on the power regulations coming out of the wall?
Glad they are sorting you out :)

As for the other I don't know, sorry :(

Back
Top Bottom