Enola Holmes - Netflix Film (Millie Bobby Brown as Sherlock Holmes teen sister).

Soldato
When Enola Holmes—Sherlock’s teen sister—discovers her mother missing, she sets off to find her, becoming a super-sleuth in her own right as she outwits her famous brother and unravels a dangerous conspiracy around a mysterious young Lord. Starring Millie Bobby Brown, Sam Claflin, with Henry Cavill and Helena Bonham-Carter.

Looks like a light-hearted fun series with some very good casting but I wonder if it's aimed at a mostly teenage/young adult audience or whether it'll be aimed at a more general audience instead as it's hard to tell from the trailer exactly where it'll be placed?

Man of Honour
Mixed bag for me this one, I like Henry Cavill, I really like Helena Bonham Carter, but I detest Millie Bobby Brown. I'm guessing its probably going to be aimed at the tween crowd.

Man of Honour
i remember Sherlock having a smarter older brother, dont recall any sisters.

Mycroft was mentioned in the books, a sister wasnt. Not to say of course that he didnt have one, just that she wasnt mentioned. The books never said that his only sibling was Mycroft, so theres room for maneuver in that regard. Given all his enemies, he may have logically assumed that Mycroft could handle himself but knowledge that he had a younger sister would present too much of a target to his enemies. Of course if it had been explicitly stated that he had no sister, that would be different but the existence of one was never confirmed or denied in the books.

Caporegime
Mixed bag for me this one, I like Henry Cavill, I really like Helena Bonham Carter, but I detest Millie Bobby Brown. I'm guessing its probably going to be aimed at the tween crowd.

Hasn't she only really been in Stranger Things? In which case you surely detest the show rather than a specific teen actress?

Man of Honour
Hasn't she only really been in Stranger Things? In which case you surely detest the show rather than a specific teen actress?

Not really, I like Stranger Things, its her that I dont like. I've seen so many interviews with her and my daughter is always on her Instagram page and other social media of hers and its literally her that I dont like. Theres something about her personality which I just dont like, compared to say the red-haired girl from Stranger Things (whatever her name is) who seems very grounded and not precocious or attention seeking. I actually think shes a reasonable actress, as time goes by she could become a very good actress but her personality "off screen" so to speak, is who I dont like.

Man of Honour
Henry Cavill is far too much of a Chad for that role. Was this Sherlock the one who benches 350lbs in his spare time?

"He seems a very amiable person," said Holmes, laughing. "I am not quite so bulky, but if he had remained I might have shown him that my grip was not much more feeble than his own." As he spoke he picked up the steel poker and, with a sudden effort, straightened it out again.

Caporegime

Ah, so they've read that line and decided they needed a 6ft bulked up GigaChad to play the role. He looks absolutely ridiculous swelling out some of those suits lmao.

I mean he might do alright at it because he's a solid actor, he's just not someone I would have envisioned playing the role.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I mentioned it in another thread but it really bothers me that:

The mum subplot just ended? Did they have a budget cut?!

It was highly inferred that the inspiring ‘justice for all mum’ was actually a terrorist... I expected Enola to realise that her mum’s plan was to blow up all the lords at the vote for ‘real justice’. It was set up for exactly that. But... nope? :confused:

Soldato
yeah, i thought i'd missed something, was no wrap-up or explanation that i can remember. thought the whole thing was a fail, could have been a cracker but it just didn't work for me.

Soldato
I mentioned it in another thread but it really bothers me that:

The mum subplot just ended? Did they have a budget cut?!

It was highly inferred that the inspiring ‘justice for all mum’ was actually a terrorist... I expected Enola to realise that her mum’s plan was to blow up all the lords at the vote for ‘real justice’. It was set up for exactly that. But... nope? :confused:

Feels more like that'll be the storyline in the second film if they get one.

Permabanned
Cavill is actually "ok" in it, think I would watch an entire movie of the character. Sadly the rest of the movie is a bit crud, I dont like Millie Bobby Brown at all and the Mycroft portrayal annoyed me. Bring back Mark Gatiss!

Back
Top Bottom