Summer Transfer Window 2020/21 - Rumours & Signings *please quote sources*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Theyll want a fee for sure.

"The Argentina international, 33, sent a fax to the club on Tuesday saying he wishes to exercise a clause in his contract, allowing him to leave for free with immediate effect.

Barcelona, though, believe the clause has now expired and Messi is contracted to the club until 2021 with a 700m euro buy-out clause."

Interesting discussions ahead.

Soldato
"The Argentina international, 33, sent a fax to the club on Tuesday saying he wishes to exercise a clause in his contract, allowing him to leave for free with immediate effect.

Barcelona, though, believe the clause has now expired and Messi is contracted to the club until 2021 with a 700m euro buy-out clause."

Interesting discussions ahead.

Interesting indeed.

Whoever signs him...free or otherwise will pay an absolute packet it fees. Could you imagine his signing on fee?

Caporegime
I don’t blame him for wanting something new. Barca is a huge rebuilding job and he’s too old to wait. Might as well get a new challenge and another mammoth wage while he can.

Wouldnt surprise me if he ends up in Qatar or the Far East.

Soldato
I don’t blame him for wanting something new. Barca is a huge rebuilding job and he’s too old to wait. Might as well get a new challenge and another mammoth wage while he can.

Wouldnt surprise me if he ends up in Qatar or the Far East.

Its got PSG all over it imo. City fans seem to think he will join Pep but i cant see him wanting to live in Manchester or close by tbh.

Soldato
Maybe MLS? He'd tear that league to shreds without even trying and someone in the US must have the money to throw at him

Associate
Probably wants to force a new presidential election plus restructuring etc. I don't think he'll move as he doesn't exactly need the money or needs to prove himself anywhere.

At his age with a settled family life it would be a bit odd for that all to be upended.

Soldato
If it happens (big if imo) then I'd imagine City if he comes to England but latter stages of his career (what is he, 33 now?) I could easily see him going to either China or the MLS (they have some creative ways of getting around the salary cap!)

I've read a report that says he missed his deadline to activate this class that lets him move for free but he's claiming that the extension to the season also extended the deadline!?!?

Soldato
This is from a journo on twitter:

This is Messi's wage package at Barcelona according to Football Leaks: 60.395.769 euro basic yearly wages (£988.000 a week), £9.100.000 per year on image rights, £13.000.000 a year on possible bonuses plus signing on & loyalty fee (£120.000.000 over 5 years).

Quite a load. https://t.co/LOaUoogZuq

Yea....hes staying at Barca.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom