• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Connecting up 2 monitors - RTX 2080 Aorus Xtreme

Soldato
New monitor is on the way and after abit of pondering i think im going to try a dual monitor setup with the ultrawide at the bottom and the smaller 24" at the top/middle.

With regards to connecting them up, how should it be connected? I know it sounds daft but had a weird experience before where i connected dual monitors and somehow it messed up my drivers where windows went a weird colour and did all sorts of weird stuff.

My current monitor is a MSI Optix MAG241C 1080p 144hz 1ms
New monitor is a ultrawide iiyama 34" curved VA panel 1440p 144hz 1ms

Currently i have the MSI connected up to display port, should the new monitor be connected to display port and the msi connected to the second display port?

The back of the card has a total of 3 x display ports, 1 x usb c port, 3 x hdmi ports

Thanks for your help!

Associate
Hi, you should be able to connect to any of the available ports, whichever work best for the screens you have and the cables you have. Generally provided the monitors are turned on, they should automatically be detected in Windows.

Soldato
OP
Hi, you should be able to connect to any of the available ports, whichever work best for the screens you have and the cables you have. Generally provided the monitors are turned on, they should automatically be detected in Windows.

Okay will give it a shot, just didn't want it screwing up the drivers again as it was a nightmare to get it working right again without a fresh install. God knows what happened!

Back
Top Bottom