Smartwatch Thread (news/apps/updates)

Soldato
Would highly recommend the fossil hybrid HR collider to anyone looking for basic functionality. I'm getting over the 2 weeks battery life advertised.

Its used to annoy me having to charge my galaxy watch every other day

Associate
It's out already out and Ticwatch should be the first to use the Snapdragon Wear 4100+ or the Wear 4100.

Waiting for reviews before I get one.

May wait then until this is out.

Would highly recommend the fossil hybrid HR collider to anyone looking for basic functionality. I'm getting over the 2 weeks battery life advertised.

Its used to annoy me having to charge my galaxy watch every other day

I get I may have to charge every few days but dont want to every night. This looks good.

Associate
https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/18/21374022/fitbit-versa-3-sense-inspire-2-leak-render-smartwatch

If the Sense/Versa 3 get some Wear OS/Google Assistant elements added then I think that would be my Android smartwatch.
Same for me. Been using the original Versa for 3 years now and love it. So comfy and light you hardly know you have it on. It's also great paying for smaller stuff. Had to set up a Starling account to use it but I think I may switch my Barclays to starling anyway.
My first Versa developed a faulty battery and would not hold charge and Fitbit replaced it next day after a few emails so I already like their support.

Associate
Anyone know how to get the baked in email shortcut to work on the Watch face for Galaxy Watch 3?
1) Click email icon
2) Up pops "Install email? - - > yes
3) "The app is no longer available, or isn't supported in this country, or device"

Tried a few watch faces but all link back to this issue. Not even sure what the watch is trying to install but already had Outlook & Samsung Mail setup on phone.

Soldato
Hi all anyone got the the new galaxy watch 3 I've just set mine up, I'm upgrading from galaxy watch 46mm and was wondering what you guys think?
The only difference I have see the the blood oxygen app

Soldato
Just got the new Watch3 but after updating the watch, the wearable app on the phone no longer opens with the watch3 plugin constantly crashing when I try opening the app. Restarting the phone and watch does nothing. Anyone else getting this issue? I'm going to reset the watch and reinstall the phone apps to see if that fixes it.

EDIT: Resetting did not fix it. Looking at the latest reviews of the watch3 plugin, it seems to be a common issue with Android 10 based phones.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I just got the Fossil Gen 5 Garrett. Really pleased with it and looks more premium than its price suggests, it's quite heavy which I like.

20200824-135421-2.jpg

Soldato
Just got the new Watch3 but after updating the watch, the wearable app on the phone no longer opens with the watch3 plugin constantly crashing when I try opening the app. Restarting the phone and watch does nothing. Anyone else getting this issue? I'm going to reset the watch and reinstall the phone apps to see if that fixes it.

EDIT: Resetting did not fix it. Looking at the latest reviews of the watch3 plugin, it seems to be a common issue with Android 10 based phones.

I found the fix. I was looking at Play store reviews and noticed someone said Samsung's own Smartthings app is the cause. Uninstalled that, reinstalled the Wearable app and is now working.

EDIT: As of the Watch 3 plugin update on the 26th August, the app now works again with Smartthings installed.

Last edited:
Associate
Just ordered my wife a Fossil Gen 5 in rose gold (https://www.fossil.com/en-gb/produc...-rose-gold-tone-stainless-steel-/FTW6035.html).

She was looking at the Active2 but decided that wearOS would work better with her Pixel 2 XL. Will report back how she gets on.
I also have a Fossil Smart watch coming shortlh. I got a Gen 4 Sport one in black. Got it for a pretty good price of £70. Hopefully it will be a good match with my Pixel. Just only need it for notifications.

Soldato
Has anyone with the Galaxy Watch 3 been for a run with it yet? I've been on two and on the second run, the watch only recorded advanced running metrics (asymmetry, contact time, regularity etc) for about 7 minutes of the 25 minute run. It was fine on the first run.

Associate
Amazon had a flash sale on the Fossil Gen 5 Carlyle (Black) earlier so with some credit on my account I managed to grab it for £94. Well chuffed.

Soldato
Im thinking of getting a smart watch but im not sure if I would benefit from it.
Could anyone tell me what they use it for ?

Associate
Im thinking of getting a smart watch but im not sure if I would benefit from it.
Could anyone tell me what they use it for ?

I'm thinking same. Wife has an apple 5, but hasn't really used it being stuck at home. I keep saying I am going to get one, but she keeps telling me I won't use it, or I don't need it. I'm also asking myself what I need one for?

I have several mechanical watches which I always wear if I go out, just to tell the time.

Back
Top Bottom