Dust filtering

Associate
Hi everyone

I've recently moved from carpet to fake wood in my work room. My cases has 2 bottom and 1 rear intakes, and 2 top exhausts (plus psu). There's no option for front or side fans.

Now that dust levels should be lower, do I still need filters on the intakes? I'm conscious that they cut airflow down by about 20%.

Thanks!

Soldato
Are your CPU/GPU temps anything to be concerned about?

I would never remove dust filters... Even on laminate you'll still get dust build up in the house. Which will clog up your fans, inside the system, etc and be sucked up all the time.

Soldato
I would suggest swapping the direction of those fans. The bottom is where you'll likely encounter the most dust - Having the bottom fans exhausting means they're pushing air out (and dust away) from there, rather than sucking air up and in from it.

Associate
OP
I would suggest swapping the direction of those fans. The bottom is where you'll likely encounter the most dust - Having the bottom fans exhausting means they're pushing air out (and dust away) from there, rather than sucking air up and in from it.

It's a bit of a funny setup - I'm in a UMX4 Pro, so space is quite tight. If I flip the top fans so they're all intakes, the gpu will be getting hot air from the radiator. Also it's quite close to the bottom fans, so I'd be worried the GPU's intakes will end up fighting the case's exhausts.

Soldato
It's a bit of a funny setup - I'm in a UMX4 Pro, so space is quite tight. If I flip the top fans so they're all intakes, the gpu will be getting hot air from the radiator. Also it's quite close to the bottom fans, so I'd be worried the GPU's intakes will end up fighting the case's exhausts.
This is nature's way of telling you that you need full custom-loop cooling....!! :D

Back
Top Bottom