*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
Definitely find it easier to do the more strenuous exercises than I did at the start.
Nice, congrats on sticking with it. I started off well early on but was then away for over a month and didn't touch it. Been meaning to start up again as I did find it good in the mornings before sitting at my desk all day

Soldato
He ring is amazingly strong. I'ts much better quality than a standard pilates ring. I'd be very surprised if you managed to break it unless there was a flaw in it somewhere. Mine has been on the go since January with two of us using it. Though I've dropped off it lately. Need to get back in as it's a great workout.

Associate
Hi
Just wondered if any of you guys have come across this problem.
My switch won’t seem to charge , I’m using a usb c lead and plug on it. The charger signal appears and then the screen goes black and then about 3 - 5 seconds it happens again and again.

anyone got any ideas?
Many thanks for your help

Last edited:
Associate
Hi
Just wondered if any of you guys have come across this problem.
My switch won’t seem to charge , I’m using a usb c lead and plug on it. The charger signal appears and then the screen goes black and then about 3 - 5 seconds it happens again and again.

anyone got any ideas?
Many thanks for your help

Sounds like the cable could be dodgy? Had a similar issue when I used an old phone cable, if it wasn't at exactly the right angle then it would 'charge' but actually drain the battery over time due to it waking the Switch. Went back to using the dock and it was all fine again.

Soldato
Nice surprise today.

My work colleague is giving away to Switch because he has struggled to sell it :confused:

Anyway, he gave me first pick of his games. All AAA titles :) But I had them already....so I only took Ultra Street Fighter 2 which I had been after for awhile.

Soldato
Nice surprise today.

My work colleague is giving away to Switch because he has struggled to sell it :confused:

Anyway, he gave me first pick of his games. All AAA titles :) But I had them already....so I only took Ultra Street Fighter 2 which I had been after for awhile.
what are AAA titles ? what does it stand for ?

Soldato
what are AAA titles ? what does it stand for ?

Games with high development budgets which are best sellers. For the Switch this would be Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart etc. It stands for Triple A.

What a weird situation.

Yep but hes like "I'm getting married in 2 weeks! So I wont be needing my consoles anymore because I rarely play them"

I bet he could sell them but couldn't be bothered, hes abit of a lazy person. Hes given the rest of the games and the console to one of the bosses for his kids to play.

Soldato
After almost 3 years, the right Joy-Con on our Switch exhibited the the drift issue.

Returned to Nintendo and was fixed at no cost.

Last year, the spring mechanism on the game cartridge slot broke and that required a return to Nintendo too.

Personally not too impressed with the quality of the hardware. I've had consoles from other manufacturers that got used significantly more than our family Switch and all were bullet proof.

Soldato
Games with high development budgets which are best sellers. For the Switch this would be Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart etc. It stands for Triple A.

Yep but hes like "I'm getting married in 2 weeks! So I wont be needing my consoles anymore because I rarely play them"

I bet he could sell them but couldn't be bothered, hes abit of a lazy person. Hes given the rest of the games and the console to one of the bosses for his kids to play.

CEX will give him £180 for it. Strange!

Associate
Hi all, well the trusty Wii U has given up the ghost after many years as it’s stopped reading discs. I’ve managed to get a Switch and Animal Crossing for my son’s 5th birthday in a few weeks. I’m looking for any tips from fellow parents with regards to cases, screen protectors etc.
Will keep my eye on the MM for a few deals.

Soldato
Always thought about getting the Nintendo Switch but really wanted Nintendo to make a new Wii

What did the Wii do that the switch doesn't? Oh maybe the motion controls is all I can think of, thankfully not on switch to the same degree because nothing ruined a game for me more than having to wave a remote in the air to use a sword.
Probably why skyward sword remains the only Zelda game I've not played properly.

Back
Top Bottom