3900X AIO or Air

Don
Thinking of getting a new cooler for my 3900X, what are poeple using and what sort ot temps are you seeing. Looking at the Arctic Liquid Freezer II for the AIO or the Noctua NH-D15 for air. Open to suggestions on others.

Soldato
Soldato
I got the 360, installed and in the low thirties idle. Forgot to look while gaming :p As you say it is almost silent, very happy with it so far(with the benefit of the VRM fan).
I've had both the 360 and 280, plus also have the D15. The D15 is a bit quieter but the Arctics cool a little better. The 280 cooled better than the 360 in my case so I went with that.

Associate
...just make sure you set the voltages in your BIOS. I was so disappointed with mine until I saw Jayz2Cents' video about the silly high voltages that it demands at stock. Once I'd implemented that, the wraith was sufficient, however, I'm now on a custom Loop (FAT 480rad with 8x120mm fans in push/pull config) ;)

Associate
Easy choice - FUMA 2. Dead silent, great RAM compatibility, easiest air cooler to install and you can reach Noctua NH-D15s levels with an extra fan if you want. Considerably cheaper than Noctua too, and none of the drawbacks of potential leaky water cooling.

OCUK have just restocked on it (also shout out for their great service as a first time buyer ).

Back
Top Bottom