**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 20/Ultra Thread ****

Soldato
Well since Amazon still hasn't delivered my pre order I popped into cpw and picked up an ultra. Amazon customer service is really going downhill.

Not too fussed about missing out on the buds live asIas have some xm3's

Last edited:
Associate
"Great news! Your reward has been sent and is on its way to you. Please check your email for more information."

Looks like they're shipping out the dual charging pads. Was expecting it to be a 45 days.. Huawei were useless when I was in the same situation years back, claiming they'd sent me a code when they hadn't, "must be in the spam box", I said no it wasn't, please cancel any code you've sent prior & provide a new one. Got fobbed off. Will never buy one from them again (definitely not since the Google apps ban)

EDIT: Oh God why? Why would you do that Samsung? Email follow up:

"Yodel, our courier, will be in touch with tracking information.....

Soldato
"Great news! Your reward has been sent and is on its way to you. Please check your email for more information."

Looks like they're shipping out the dual charging pads. Was expecting it to be a 45 days.. Huawei were useless when I was in the same situation years back, claiming they'd sent me a code when they hadn't, "must be in the spam box", I said no it wasn't, please cancel any code you've sent prior & provide a new one. Got fobbed off. Will never buy one from them again (definitely not since the Google apps ban)

EDIT: Oh God why? Why would you do that Samsung? Email follow up:

"Yodel, our courier, will be in touch with tracking information.....

Same here uh oh Yodel oh the joy .I'm in the process of claiming 2 lost parcels supposedly delivered to a collection point by Hermes

Associate
Can anyone recommend a tempered glass screen protector for this phone? I ordered (and returned) the Olixar one as the fingerprint reader refused to register even a very hard press through it.

Soldato
Are these buds live any good? I've applied for them just because well they are free but not really intending on using them tbh

Got a case and just debating on a screen protector now ... all new to the world of galaxy so its a big learning curve but so much more adaptable to daily life for myself, also first launch phone I've ever had, normally just get 2year old iPhones

Battery life not as handy as my iPhone 7 I was on, but more the case I'm using this a lot more so really its not a negative

Other than that its really great... but still really learning with it. Not a great in depth analysis I know and yes I am aware it should be pleasing me given the cost :) I know for sure though I'll have this for easy 2/3 year I'm not a regular phone changer

Associate
Just had all my trade in devices excepted and orders now closed
Well done, always good to get that message and nothing got broken in transit!

A lot of people rave about the Whitestone Dome tempered glass screen protector, I haven't tried one so I cannot comment but a mate of mine had one a few phones ago and dropped his phone on some hardcore, thinking the screen protector was invincible he went around bragging that his phone was fine and the 'shattered glass' look was the protector, that was until he took it off and bits of screen came with it! it was one of those moments when you cant decide when to commiserate or laugh your @$$ off, apparently the latter wasn't to his liking:):):)

The Note 10+ factory screen protector was fine and I left it on for a few weeks shy of a year until I pre ordered the Note 20 Ultra, then it came off for those last few weeks.
I will be doing the same with the Note 20 Ultra.

Are these buds live any good? I've applied for them just because well they are free but not really intending on using them tbh

I am not really an audiophile, I have a set of Steelseries Arctis Pro wireless for gaming and a set of on ear AKG Y500 wireless for music, but the buds, to me at least, sound great. The fit is good, especially with the bigger silicone rings and there is loads of options in the Galaxy wearable app for Samsung phones, not sure about others.
I don't know about you guys but I hate the buds that go right into your lug hole, gets uncomfortable after a bit.

Last edited:

DrK

DrK

Associate
Does anyone know how to get rid of the Vodafone wifi calling notification? It appears at the top of notification bar and also on my lock screen. I can only mute it for 2 hours at a time. In the notification settings it comes under "IMS service" which is a system app that it is greyed out so can't be switched off. I never had any notifications of when WiFi calling was connected with O2 but I find this irritating

Soldato
Does anyone know how to get rid of the Vodafone wifi calling notification? It appears at the top of notification bar and also on my lock screen. I can only mute it for 2 hours at a time. In the notification settings it comes under "IMS service" which is a system app that it is greyed out so can't be switched off. I never had any notifications of when WiFi calling was connected with O2 but I find this irritating

Mine only appears when I have low or no signal on my mobile connection

Free wireless charger got delivered today

Last edited:
Associate
I love Yodel. Out with driver today, from depot few miles away, estimated delivery date tomorrow. Was is this, a turtle? Lucky we're back from a walk bit this morning but this made me laugh.

Soldato
I love Yodel. Out with driver today, from depot few miles away, estimated delivery date tomorrow. Was is this, a turtle? Lucky we're back from a walk bit this morning but this made me laugh.

I was out they opened side gate and walked in and popped on back door step lol

Better than Hermes who have now apparently "lost" 2 of my parcels :mad:

Associate
I was out they opened side gate and walked in and popped on back door step lol

Better than Hermes who have now apparently "lost" 2 of my parcels :mad:

Mine arrived an hour ago. Nice guy, they're all **** scared of you though, including DPD. Guess he didn't want a signature. Must be awful.

The scheduled fast charging is awesome, I don't remember seeing that in Note 10. Now I can disable it at night.

Soldato
Mine arrived an hour ago. Nice guy, they're all **** scared of you though, including DPD. Guess he didn't want a signature. Must be awful.

The scheduled fast charging is awesome, I don't remember seeing that in Note 10. Now I can disable it at night.

Yeah handy if beside your bed

Back
Top Bottom