• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: What is your upper limit for your next GPU purchase

What is your upper limit for your next GPU purchase?

• 1. £250

Votes: 34 8.3%
  • 2. £500

Votes: 162 39.7%
  • 3. £750

Votes: 86 21.1%
  • 4. £1000

Votes: 59 14.5%
  • 5. £1250

Votes: 20 4.9%
  • 6. £1500

Votes: 30 7.4%
  • 7. £1750

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 8. £2000

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • 9. No no, no no no no, There's no limit!!

Votes: 12 2.9%

• Total voters
Associate
I think when there's an announcement regarding a new generation due in literally a couple of days, then it's probably prudent to wait and see what it is.

I'd say its actually prudent to wait for quite awhile if an announcement's due shortly.

In case of graphic cards this would involve waiting for the announcement, for the reviews, for actual market availability of the right card model for your specific needs i.e. dimensions, cooling performance, noise levels, etc. and potentially also wait for a driver fix to resolve any unforeseen bugs in windows or games.

If someone's prepared to wait for that or doesn't care about it then that's absolutely fine. Its just that when I upgrade, I'd prefer a card which is available, reviewed, appropriate for my case and known to have no issues at the driver level.

Don't wanna spend hard-earned money to be a beta tester, stumble upon nasty surprises and then spend time finding resolutions on internet instead of utilizing the damn thing :p.

Soldato
Shareholders are generally not gamers. They just want new carpets for thier yachts and such.
Money is all that matters it seems so in life do your best to get as much if it as possible, then you can dictate to the rest of them/us.
I stand by my £500 is enough for a gaming gpu at top tier. Unfortunately my carpet fitter wants more than that to do my stairs and landing on Clara (Lady Ella S Yacht)

Completely off topic but is your username anything to do with that video of a middle eastern guy firing a big rifle and shouting "wheely bob"? :p

Soldato
Completely off topic but is your username anything to do with that video of a middle eastern guy firing a big rifle and shouting "wheely bob"? :p

Well done you for spotting this. Yes its where I and my friends picked up the phrase/word. We suddenly started saying wellibob and wacknebar (paraphrasing)

Associate
I'll pay about what I paid for my 1080 which was £600. I could stretch to £700 but in all honesty I'm not paying the rumoured £800 for a 10GB 3080. I could afford to but I won't out of principle.

I'll wait to see what AMD have to offer.

Soldato
You also got take into account the dollar vs GBP

not really, my first highend card was a tnt2 ultra at £200, its marched upwards in prices over the years through x850gto2, 8800gts, HD4890, HD6950, 970 and now a 5700xt. I'll pay the equivalent of 60-70 pints of beer every 2-3 years for a graphics card.

Back
Top Bottom