Wireless kb/mouse set for 2 computers?

Due to covid, I will be home-working indefinitely, certainly into 2021. I'm trying to find something that will work with my home laptop and my company laptop to save desk space.

Does something like this exist? I've searched on Google and found a device that can control 2 computers simultaneously, but I would like it to behave more like a KVM switch. So it would be a keyboard and a mouse with 2 USB antennas. The 2 antennas would go into each computer. Then there would be a button or a switch somewhere on the keyboard that can switch machines. If someone knows what this is called, then it will help with my search terms.

The monitor bit of the KVM is sorted because my monitor has 2 HDMI inputs and I can switch between the 2 computers in an instant.

Associate
Yes there are devices that you can switch between wireless / bluetooth channels. I just got a Jelly Comb 3 way Bluetooth keyboard - really impressed with the quality, and switches between my PC / work laptop in less than a sec. They do also do mice and am considering one as I have 2 on my desk!

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the heads up on dual-channel keyboards. I didn't know they existed, so I'll start looking now for both keyboard and a mouse :) For bluetooth vs wireless, which did you decide to use for the work laptop and which did you use for your own/home? I don't have admin privileges for work but it let me install a USB antenna no probs. I'll have to check if it takes bluetooth as well so then I have both options.

Underboss
If they are on the same network look up Logitec Flow, allows for wireless support between devices.

I have the G915 keyboard between my home and work system and logitec flow for my MX mouse between my home and work system.

Wires annoy me!

Soldato
OP
Thanks Josh for the heads up on Logitec Flow. My works laptop is locked down, so I can't install new programs or alter the registry etc but I can plug in external mice / keyboards / monitors ok.

Since my last post, I found out that the Jelly Comb keyboard also comes as a keyboard+mouse combo edition.

"Jelly Comb 2.4 G USB + Dual Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse Combo".

So I'll be going for that :) So one laptop takes the bluetootth control while the other laptop takes the wireless control. A matter of figuring out which to use on each. Either home=wireless and work=bluetooth or vice versa. The keyboard's numberpad has dials that says 2.4G, BT1 and BT2 and that's how you use it as a "KVM" switch. The other option, as HeadlessChicken said, is to use bluetooth on both as it has BT1 and BT2.

Back
Top Bottom