Legal aid should not fund asylum legal action.

Soldato
Can we cut the pseudo-intellectual bs please?

His source (the BBC) claimed that over 50% of "people claiming to be doctors" in India were not, actually, doctors. Ie, frauds.

50% is more than just statistically significant. It means that, should you approach somebody in the street and ask them if they are a doctor, you're just as likely to find a fake doctor as a real one.

(You would hope that the hospitals would be capable of identifying the fakes, but we know even in this country that fake doctors do managed to get jobs as real healthcare workers.)

Spouting nonsense about logical fallacies doesn't make you look smart, especially when you miss entirely the context of the post and the serious - and surprising - nature of the claim made (by the BBC).

What nonsense. My extended family is Indian and I have no interest in being racist toward Indians or anyone else.

The claim made by the BBC, however, is frankly staggering.

Burying heads in the sand and screaming "racist" helps nobody - especially if there is an issue here which could put lives at risk.

I know we live in an era where feelings are all-important, and minor stuff like ensuring doctors are qualified to practice are not really as important as being PC.

2 Great posts.

Caporegime
What nonsense. My extended family is Indian and I have no interest in being racist toward Indians or anyone else.

The claim made by the BBC, however, is frankly staggering.

Burying heads in the sand and screaming "racist" helps nobody - especially if there is an issue here which could put lives at risk.

I know we live in an era where feelings are all-important, and minor stuff like ensuring doctors are qualified to practice are not really as important as being PC.

India is a corrupt country run by those with power and money fir their own benefit.

You can buy a degree from any university.

I'm well aware of this.

These are issues stemming from their culture and history. Britain played a huge part in their recent history.

What is it in America, 50% of African American males have a criminal record. That's because of the system put in place by those in power.

The issue is none of you can understand India because you have never lived there. All you see is some news headlines.

I know how things are done over there my uncle was a politician before he passed away and now his son took his place.

When someone needed something done they would take him along. Like getting a license for a shotgun or to buy some land. Of course he would get something out of it.

I remember us going out for the day and there was a police road check going on where they stop every car and if they find anything wrong they ask for money or you go to jail. That money goes in their pockets. He happily stopped and they all knew who he was and didn't check anything instead he chatted with them for a few minutes and we were on our way.

The country works nothing like it does over here. So you cannot hold it to the same standard.

If you were born into a system like that then guess what chances are you too would be corrupt. Just like if you too were born African American in America in a place like Compton you too would have a criminal record.

The people discussing the issue on here have no real clue what they are talking about. Like I said before. You have never walked in their shoes. Judging them by the standards of your own experiences vastly different to theirs.

Its going to take at least a century for India to sort itself out possibly two or three. The problem is that so many are out for themselves because the poverty situation over there is so bad and once you have power it's easy to use it against those beneath your standing.

But please go ahead educate me more on a country I've stayed in for over a year and I speak the lingo and I've been all over goa, bombay, Delhi, agra, all over punjab and uttar pradesh.

No wonder they all want to leave its literally a mess over there. So they seek better lives elsewhere if they can. It's easy to get into the UK if you are a doctor and it's easy to buy a degree. Hell I'd do it if I lived over there.

Caporegime
Ignore him mate im proud of our country and our history one of the worlds greatest countries if its so bad why are we one of the top ranking soft power countries in the world it means other countries like and respect us where is China and Russia on the soft power rankings nowhere because everyone hates them.

They respect us so much. Every time I speak to any European they are laughing at us because of brexit.

So much respect for us.

Permabanned
India is a corrupt country run by those with power and money fir their own benefit.

You can buy a degree from any university.

I'm well aware of this.

These are issues stemming from their culture and history. Britain played a huge part in their recent history.

What is it in America, 50% of African American males have a criminal record. That's because of the system put in place by those in power.

The issue is none of you can understand India because you have never lived there. All you see is some news headlines.

I know how things are done over there my uncle was a politician before he passed away and now his son took his place.

When someone needed something done they would take him along. Like getting a license for a shotgun or to buy some land. Of course he would get something out of it.

I remember us going out for the day and there was a police road check going on where they stop every car and if they find anything wrong they ask for money or you go to jail. That money goes in their pockets. He happily stopped and they all knew who he was and didn't check anything instead he chatted with them for a few minutes and we were on our way.

The country works nothing like it does over here. So you cannot hold it to the same standard.

If you were born into a system like that then guess what chances are you too would be corrupt. Just like if you too were born African American in America in a place like Compton you too would have a criminal record.

The people discussing the issue on here have no real clue what they are talking about. Like I said before. You have never walked in their shoes. Judging them by the standards of your own experiences vastly different to theirs.

Its going to take at least a century for India to sort itself out possibly two or three. The problem is that so many are out for themselves because the poverty situation over there is so bad and once you have power it's easy to use it against those beneath your standing.

But please go ahead educate me more on a country I've stayed in for over a year and I speak the lingo and I've been all over goa, bombay, Delhi, agra, all over punjab and uttar pradesh.

No wonder they all want to leave its literally a mess over there. So they seek better lives elsewhere if they can. It's easy to get into the UK if you are a doctor and it's easy to buy a degree. Hell I'd do it if I lived over there.

Lots of information here. You have spoken a fair amount of truth of the depth of the situation. What it’s like to be “in” or “from” that situation. Which nobody can deny is tough.

However this is where ideology leads many astray.
Why is it of importance or even relevant to people here about somebodies struggles in India.
The truth is it’s not. It’s their unfortunate issue to solve. We have to concentrate on us. On our Country and what we are doing. Not learning broken political spectrums on our differences. People are tired of having this information oppressed on them by the media and woke mentalities. A vast majority don’t even care. We have to concentrate that we are doing what we can for our own Country, our family and loved ones.
If somebody wishes to legally apply to come for a better life in a “genuine” fashion that’s great. But the moment you mention “buying a degree” to come here then you should be banned for life if caught. No questions.

What many need to realise is that is what you are escaping from. A change from your homeland. When you come to the UK you should adopt and implement its way of behaving and respect the flag and the Country. But with the ideological lefties telling everyone they can have it all be a full Indian or Muslim in this Country is just causing issues. It’s not working and it causes division. To nail it all down, it’s now the fault of the white population. Their ancestors and slave traders. Can you see how irritating and pathetic this sounds now. ?

Plus you have expressed on how poorer ethnic minorities view the UK and the attitude the have. They will do whatever possible to get in, lie, fake or just sneak in. How is that impacting my child’s future. ? It’s just one way traffic and the media always paint minorities as the victims.

Caporegime
Lots of information here. You have spoken a fair amount of truth of the depth of the situation. What it’s like to be “in” or “from” that situation. Which nobody can deny is tough.

However this is where ideology leads many astray.
Why is it of importance or even relevant to people here about somebodies struggles in India.
The truth is it’s not. It’s their unfortunate issue to solve. We have to concentrate on us. On our Country and what we are doing. Not learning broken political spectrums on our differences. People are tired of having this information oppressed on them by the media and woke mentalities. A vast majority don’t even care. We have to concentrate that we are doing what we can for our own Country, our family and loved ones.
If somebody wishes to legally apply to come for a better life in a “genuine” fashion that’s great. But the moment you mention “buying a degree” to come here then you should be banned for life if caught. No questions.

What many need to realise is that is what you are escaping from. A change from your homeland. When you come to the UK you should adopt and implement its way of behaving and respect the flag and the Country. But with the ideological lefties telling everyone they can have it all be a full Indian or Muslim in this Country is just causing issues. It’s not working and it causes division. To nail it all down, it’s now the fault of the white population. Their ancestors and slave traders. Can you see how irritating and pathetic this sounds now. ?

Plus you have expressed on how poorer ethnic minorities view the UK and the attitude the have. They will do whatever possible to get in, lie, fake or just sneak in. How is that impacting my child’s future. ? It’s just one way traffic and the media always paint minorities as the victims.

I can assure you I'm very well integrated.

So much so all my friends at work are white. They even have a select WhatsApp group seperate from the bigger one which I am also a part of because they like me and there are others who not so keen on who have been excluded which are white. I go out regularly with my male white colleagues and we have our own clique that feeds into a wider one then the bigger team.

Most normal people have no issues with integration.

Again you can't really fathom how bad it is in some of these countries. I lived with a politician the third time I went to India for 6 months so I was shielded a lot from the really bad stuff.

I did however have to visit a jail when they caught the college kids who had been prank calling his phone. That was an eye opener. My uncle asked the police of I could ba taken into the next room where they were being beaten and tortured and see how they fare against me. I'm over 6 foot tall, massive shoulders and could bench press over 100kg and squat 200kg at the time and weighed in at heavyweight with a proper rugby players build. I declined that opportunity as I could tell from the screams next door they had already learned their lesson.

They brought them into the top police officers room where we were seated for them to beg forgiveness. My uncle asked them some questions like where they were from what they were doing. They said they were at college. He asked them to name the headmasters name and they couldn't. My uncle then lept to the conclusion they were only at college to chase girls and cause mischief if they couldn't answer his questions and told the police officers to take them back next door and make sure they put them on the correct path.

The beating continued. They use baton type weapons.

To say someone who is lying to get away from such things should be banned from every entering is clearly lacking empathy and real knowledge of how hard it is. Just because you were lucky enough to be born here. That wasn't your choice just pure luck. They have been dealt a bad hand and they have to bluff their way out. There is no proper legal route for many.

If you want to focus the issues in this country then you need someone to challenge the racists and their ideology and attitudes. You also need to fix the wages issue for everyone not just minimum wage workers. You also need to start challenging all the bad things within islam. It preaches inequality to women and non believers. It pretty much says that you can do whatever you want to non believers including murder and rape. The prophet himself after all murdered many and raped as many as he could too including children. But we aren't allowed to challenge any of this or speak about it. It's deemed racist. Luckily a lot of Muslims don't follow the teachings to the word but those that do are a real danger to everyone not just this country. They sweep it all under the carpet though. There are even clerics who have told men how they should beat their wives. The religion is so messed up but when someone is brainwashed to believe it is the word of God rather than some crazed murderous paedophile there is unfortunately not much you can do to help them as they engrain themselves into that life and surround themselves with like minded people and they end up getting more and more extreme.

Soldato
I did however have to visit a jail when they caught the college kids who had been prank calling his phone. That was an eye opener. My uncle asked the police of I could ba taken into the next room where they were being beaten and tortured and see how they fare against me. I'm over 6 foot tall, massive shoulders and could bench press over 100kg and squat 200kg at the time and weighed in at heavyweight with a proper rugby players build. I declined that opportunity as I could tell from the screams next door they had already learned their lesson.

That made me howl and spit my tea out :D

Caporegime
That made me howl and spit my tea out :D

The majority of people in India are small and skinny. A lot of them thought I was a wrestler. I even had 2 people challenge me to wrestle with them. India does quite well with wrestling in the Olympics in fact I think it's something Britain may have had an influence on.

Soldato

So cringe.

Soldato

So much so all my friends at work are white. They even have a select WhatsApp group seperate from the bigger one which I am also a part of because they like me and there are others who not so keen on who have been excluded which are white. I go out regularly with my male white colleagues and we have our own clique that feeds into a wider one then the bigger team.

Again you can't really fathom how bad it is in some of these countries. I lived with a politician the third time I went to India for 6 months so I was shielded a lot from the really bad stuff.

They brought them into the top police officers room where we were seated for them to beg forgiveness. My uncle asked them some questions like where they were from what they were doing. They said they were at college. He asked them to name the headmasters name and they couldn't. My uncle then lept to the conclusion they were only at college to chase girls and cause mischief if they couldn't answer his questions and told the police officers to take them back next door and make sure they put them on the correct path.

To say someone who is lying to get away from such things should be banned from every entering is clearly lacking empathy and real knowledge of how hard it is. Just because you were lucky enough to be born here. That wasn't your choice just pure luck. They have been dealt a bad hand and they have to bluff their way out. There is no proper legal route for many.

If you want to focus the issues in this country then you need someone to challenge the racists and their ideology and attitudes. You also need to fix the wages issue for everyone not just minimum wage workers. You also need to start challenging all the bad things within islam. It preaches inequality to women and non believers. It pretty much says that you can do whatever you want to non believers including murder and rape. The prophet himself after all murdered many and raped as many as he could too including children. But we aren't allowed to challenge any of this or speak about it. It's deemed racist. Luckily a lot of Muslims don't follow the teachings to the word but those that do are a real danger to everyone not just this country. They sweep it all under the carpet though. There are even clerics who have told men how they should beat their wives. The religion is so messed up but when someone is brainwashed to believe it is the word of God rather than some crazed murderous paedophile there is unfortunately not much you can do to help them as they engrain themselves into that life and surround themselves with like minded people and they end up getting more and more extreme.
Neat.

Capodecina
Soldato
. . . People are tired of having this information oppressed on them . . . We have to concentrate that we are doing what we can . . . you have expressed on . . .
Do you ever think to read what you have written before you press [ENTER]?
McstylisT said:
. . .
When you come to the UK you should adopt and implement its way of behaving and respect the flag and the Country. But with the ideological lefties telling everyone they can have it all be a full Indian or Muslim in this Country is just causing issues.
. . .
As a matter of interest, do you seriously believe that when British people (of ANY political persuasion, even rabid right-wingers) visit foreign countries (as tourists, for work or to live), they adopt and implement the way of behaving and respect the flag of the Country they are in?

I have traveled abroad and have worked in a few countries overseas and I can assure you that they don't; the British are often an acute embarrassment - holiday destinations are the worst possible example of their disgraceful, arrogant behaviour - ask the Police on the Greek island of Mykonos or residents in any number of tourist destinations.

"Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."

Permabanned

Again a very honest and personal post, which I appreciate.( giving you full respect that you are being honest here).

Most of us can only imagine what living in that environment is like. We don’t have those realities you described.
The answer is not to run anyway from it though. It’s about education, and people staying to fix a broken system in India and many other places. I agree that the normal reaction for a human is to escape. But it’s what has been done for years and things haven’t improved. It’s time to enlighten the others, get politicians who have a wider perspective and politically and morally revive the nation. To make it a better home.

For me everyone just upping sticks and heading to the UK just brings the issues here. People like you sound like you do everything needed and integrate without issue. In my life I don’t think I have ever met an Indian who wasn’t warm, pleasant and welcoming. Islam in my observation is another thing altogether. It’s very divisive. Dangerous even.

Most of the ideas you mention at the end of the post, is mostly what I would like to see. But as many bigger problems you can’t tackle it whole. It’s needs to be broken down to manageable proportions. Believe it or not, Brexit was a good step. Now we need strong no nonsense leadership. To manage and address those areas too. Filter out the people who don’t deserve opportunity. Eventually it’s people who just want to get on, live life on respectable levels and have an in conjunction mindset mutual understanding of our society.
The left and ideology will do the absolute opposite and damage the ability to evolve. They will cause more division, more hatred by turning people against each other or promoting blame politics.

To return to the topic, I feel many many people have come here for a better life. But these numbers need to stop. We have many people here already and we will most have family’s of our own. If we want a good opportunity for ourselves and our children we must “value” what this Country offers us. Respect it and protect it.
There is no answer to solving the worlds poverty issues. Other than evolution in some way, politically or education.
I don’t think it’s fair people here have the oppression to be sorry for anything. It’s our home and we just want the very best for it. This especially doesn’t make anyone racist as some like to label.

Back
Top Bottom