The nervous wait to exchange....

Soldato
I think I can now finally relax. We moved to my grandmothers at the start of lockdown and had to get the mortgage offer changed to our current address. It was only an admin change but I still expected something at every step to go wrong! New offer has come through and we've been told we'll be moving in within the next 5 weeks.

Excited and now we've been putting our shopping lists together and buying bits and bobs (I never knew how passionate I was about having different kitchen bits match up) it is really starting to hit home that A) We're actually about to become home owners and B) I realise that we have literally no furniture after we sold loads of moving out of our rented place so having to buy pretty much everything.

I may even get a chance to enjoy watching F1 in actual 4K and sat on a sofa before the season is over. Can't wait!

Associate
Has anybody used help to buy recently, preferably help to buy south agent?

We submitted our application on the 10th, however due to our solicitors being shut down on the 13th, we had to amend and resubmit on the 14th. We are still waiting for an update/authority to proceed document - i'm impatient and the conveyancing wont start until this comes through so its frustrating.

Associate

We submitted our application on the 10th, however due to our solicitors being shut down on the 13th, we had to amend and resubmit on the 14th. We are still waiting for an update/authority to proceed document - i'm impatient and the conveyancing wont start until this comes through so its frustrating.

Yep, received our Authority to Exchange from Help to Buy South 2 weeks ago. This was about 2 weeks after receiving mortgage confirmation...I think they became pretty busy with the stamp duty holiday announcement...

Soldato

We did it at the start of the year and it was painfully slow. We didn't sign 1 page which we had to wait for 10 more business days for it to be corrected. Felt like I was checking their page every few hours for an update.

Associate
Yep, received our Authority to Exchange from Help to Buy South 2 weeks ago. This was about 2 weeks after receiving mortgage confirmation...I think they became pretty busy with the stamp duty holiday announcement...
We did it at the start of the year and it was painfully slow. We didn't sign 1 page which we had to wait for 10 more business days for it to be corrected. Felt like I was checking their page every few hours for an update.

I'm glad you both had similar experiences to us.

I have a terrible feeling i have put 35 year mortgage rather than 30, but i'm going to wait and see rather than risk viewing and editing and starting it all again.

I am hoping that we should get something back this week, i might try ringing them by the end of the week if not (although i doubt this will help).

Soldato
Yea I know that we need to pay the extra. We are both putting in equal deposit in terms of the LTV and then my partner is paying the extra to cover the offer over the home report. I have a property I’d sell next year (it’s tenanted atm) which once it sells I’d then add in what I’m due to bring us to 50% equal share.

They aren’t going to accept an offer if it’s going to closing date, especially as it’s gobe to a closing date so quickly.

It's surprising how people may not know this. My other half and me half a written/signed document detailing amounts paid into the deposit for this house. Basically if we seperate and sell he'll get this amount back, I'll get mine, then proceeds 50% as thats how mortgage has been paid.

Soldato
Been chasing up our solicitors for the paperwork from vendors solicitors and still nothing sent. Frustrating very frustrating as the estate agents said they wanted a quick sale and my end of the chain is ready and waiting

Soldato
Our property is finally on the market as of today and one viewing booked for the open day already. Hopefully we will have a few more within the next 2 weeks before the open day :)

Soldato
Offer going in this morning, 13% above home report. It’s a closing day, so everyone just submits their bid blind and the seller decides.

Fingers crossed, should find out this afternoon.

Soldato
..and B) I realise that we have literally no furniture after we sold loads of moving out of our rented place so having to buy pretty much everything.

I did this when I sold my first house and moved in to my in laws. I stored as much as I could in my brothers double garage (half filled it) and sold the rest regrettably. I wish I kept everything as we had no money when we moved in.

P.s Fingers crossed your move goes ahead as planned :D

Soldato
Offer approved subject to valuation. Valuation taking place today. Hopefully it comes back without issue.

Next up - pay for searches, submit certified documentation to solicitor and then organise a proper survey. Any recommendations for a chartered surveyor in Manchester?

Tossing up between a HomeBuyers report or full RICS building survey.

Last edited:
Soldato
I did this when I sold my first house and moved in to my in laws. I stored as much as I could in my brothers double garage (half filled it) and sold the rest regrettably. I wish I kept everything as we had no money when we moved in.

P.s Fingers crossed your move goes ahead as planned :D

We're currently staying at my grandmothers and we are slowly but surely filling up her summer house with lots of our new bits. Took delivery of our Simba mattress yesterday and few other bits like microwave and other kitchen gadgets.

Think she can't wait until we're gone and she gets her space back :D

Soldato
Took delivery of our Simba mattress yesterday and few other bits like microwave and other kitchen gadgets.

Think she can't wait until we're gone and she gets her space back :D

My stuff was in my brothers garage for 5 months. His wife kept moaning about it for some reason, she never went in there!! We kept our bed but chucked the knackered old matress. We bought a Leesa one and it was very comfy - we only used it for 6 weeks as we had a new bed delivered

We didn’t get it, house had 23 offers and we were 6th highest. At least we were a fair bit away!

Sorry to hear that, especially as it was a hefty amount over!

Back
Top Bottom