NR200 Owner's Thread

Associate
Thanks for the replies all, really appreciate it.

- The cooler is screwed in all the way which I’m guessing means it’s seated properly?
-under the 30sec stress test in RM is hits about 78c then instantly goes to 50c, so I guess that means the cooler is working.
- I’ll try going back to the ‘Auto OC’ when I get home and see how bad the fans are again.

No idea why the manual OC is giving me much better benchmarks. In Geekbench I was getting 6600 (multi) with Auto OC, with 4.2Ghz 1.325v Manual I’m getting 7600! And they’re both the same load temp. Weird, no?

Will look for a larger cooler today, seems that very few fit with the glass panel though. Maybe go for the Wraith Prism for now?

Associate
Techtechw, if your using the stock cooler that comes with the 3600X, then that will happen its a common thing & certainly will not allow for Manual OC
Yes the Wraith Prism RGB what I used in the past, A good stock cooler that comes with 3700X & above:) but best to buy a retail Tower cooler.

Fans ramping up & down, there's a setting called "Temperature Interval" in SIV that helps with that, Set it on 5
on the "Smart Fan 5 Advanced Tab" bottom right, this helps to stop the fan ramping up.

Manual OC a 3600X really no point (X) ver already OC more than the normal 3600
I have a normal 3600 in my other PC & left on Auto
The AUTO Settings like PBO will almost Max OC, so Really not much OC headroom left & no worth the time & effort.

Enter the Bios & put back to AUTO & CPU VCORE

When its come to choosing a Tower Cooler there many like the

NH-U9S PU COOLER - 92MM
& bigger.
Look through the Thread to see what others are using in there NR200;)

Last edited:
Associate
@Darren_uk
- Bottom fans, do they need the grill? Doesn't look like any cabling would go there now. I'd leave them off probably.
- Bottom fans, you should put the black fans there, to continue the black and white theme. White fans at the top are good as they contrast with the big black radiator block.
- CPU tubeing, the current shiny black adds contrast, making it white would hide it in the case, so depends on what you want ;)

In regards to custom loop creation, the only thing that I query is the RGB connections on the individual parts. They all want that 1 single port on the motherboard.....

And in regards to black tubes, if I'm doing a custom loop, the tubes will most definitively be clear!

Last edited:
Soldato
https://www.techpowerup.com/271445/alphacool-announces-eisbaer-lt-92-sff-aio-cpu-cooler

This on the rear could be nice with the TG panel :D
I was already looking at the "Alphacool NexXxoS ST25 Full Copper 92mm radiator" as an option in a loop...

Kind of interested in this dinky little AIO now with a Noctuo A9 Chromax fan but its hard to say what the performance will be like vs the U9S and what the noise levels will be like. Its 30mm thick by the looks of things so thats a good sign.

Associate
Nice, good luck and enjoy!
I think I'm going to move parts around in my current case on the weekend to try and improve the cooling a bit.

As it's a week later, about 10 pages further than last time and people are curious
@OcUK - PREDATOR Any more information on new arrivals yet?
@Ron_CM - Any luck sourcing more for us in the UK?

Thanks both!

Associate
From glancing at the Aliexpress page it looks like Optimum Tech was incorrect by saying the RGB can only be controlled with the included controller - the specs say it can run from the motherboard direct. It definitely looks to be using a standard 5v RGB led strip inside it.

My asus itx mobo has a 12v header so 5v would be a nogo.. that might be a reason why he said that

Back
Top Bottom