• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How to install liquid CPU cooler?

Soldato
I'm a bit confused about which way around to install the components of a Corsair Hydro (single fan).

The images in the instructions seem to indicate that the radiator is against the case, and the fan is on the inside (See step 2).
https://www.corsair.com/corsairmedia/sys_master/productcontent/WW_H45_QSG_49_001470_revAC.pdf

However, this official Corsair installation video does the opposite, and has the fan against the case, and the radiator on the inside.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUxoFiFuS
(Skip to 5 minutes).

Does anyone know which way around it's actually supposed to be? (and if either way is ok then which way is most recommended?)

Also, does it matter which way around the pump part goes on the CPU?

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm a bit confused about which way around to install the components of a Corsair Hydro (single fan).

The images in the instructions seem to indicate that the radiator is against the case, and the fan is on the inside (See step 2).
https://www.corsair.com/corsairmedia/sys_master/productcontent/WW_H45_QSG_49_001470_revAC.pdf

However, this official Corsair installation video does the opposite, and has the fan against the case, and the radiator on the inside.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUxoFiFuS
(Skip to 5 minutes).

Does anyone know which way around it's actually supposed to be? (and if either way is ok then which way is most recommended?)

Also, does it matter which way around the pump part goes on the CPU?

Step 2 that you've indicated shows the radiator against the case (as it should be), as in the video.

Only difference is in the step 2 guide, the radiator is at the top of the case, whereas in the video, they've placed it at the rear.

Either is good.

The fan should be set to pull air from inside the case, ergo pushing it out of the case.

As for the pump, I don't think orientation is important, but for me, I would have it so that the logo is the right way round.

Soldato
OP
Step 2 that you've indicated shows the radiator against the case

In the picture its radiator then fan, but in the video it fan then radiator.

Only difference is in the step 2 guide, the radiator is at the top of the case, whereas in the video, they've placed it at the rear.

Yes I can see that of course, and it's not the only difference.

The fan should be set to pull air from inside the case, ergo pushing it out of the case.
I know that. But that wasn't my question. I'm wondering which way around the fan/radiator is best situated. Radiator in front or behind the fan?

As for the pump, I don't think orientation is important, but for me, I would have it so that the logo is the right way round.
Which is "right way round" in your opinion? Many people seem to put it so the corsair text is vertical, and the tubes are towards the memory, but others have it with the Corsair text horizontal and the tubes towards the bottom.

Last edited:
Soldato
In the picture its radiator then fan, but in the video it fan then radiator.

Yes I can see that of course.

I know that. But that wasn't my question. I'm wondering which way around the fan/radiator is best situated. Radiator in front or behind the fan?

Which is "right way round" in your opinion? Many people seem to put it so the corsair text is vertical, and the tubes are towards the memory, but others have it with the Corsair text horizontal and the tubes towards the bottom.

I skipped to the bit where he was putting the radiator in, missed that the fan was already installed. Doh.

Personally I would put the radiator to the case and then the fan.

Also, imagine if you an RGB fan, you'd be covering it if the fan was to the case first.

For me, have the text horizontal with tubes at the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom