**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Soldato
Yeah it’s a bit daft terminology, there’s supposed to be an “update” (announcement) today which will tell us when the “update” (patch) will be....

Associate
This does look amazing but monthly subscription for the product is a bit too much, time to dig up my excel skills :cool:

Yep! Also it's the time spent doing all that. I'm lucky to get a few hours just to fly and learn a few things.

Takes me long enough to setup a flight as it is lol. Simbrief, check route, add it to navigraph, load in, check ATIS etc etc. Great idea though.

Soldato
Tell me about it.

When I did X Plane 11 737-800 flights, plot route on simbrief, generate flight plan, save to pdf, load the game, load the pdf flight plan into avitab, load up active sky and note QNH, set up the flight, weights, fuel, set better pushback, take off, fly, land. Even more if I decided to stream via Twitch: open Twitch - set up stream titles, open OBS, open my X Plane data overlay and enter route data....

Takes forever!

Soldato
Well I do hope for an update with new aircraft, some fighter jets, maybe even the Concorde! Some helicopters?

Anyone flown around the docklands and canary wharf? The state of it !!!!

Helicopters are going to be in official DLC, they haven’t announced any plans for fighter jets from Asobo. There are Third parties already working on bringing over various fighter jets for the market place. DC designs is also bringing a Concorde apparently.

is anyone running this across three monitors, or is it simply too demanding?

I stand to be corrected but I don’t believe it actually has triple monitor support at all yet.

Soldato
is anyone running this across three monitors, or is it simply too demanding?

Yep. I was about 25-35fps maxed out on 7680x1440 doing the Epic Airbus landing challenge in NY (I think?) so not terrible.
i7 9700k 4.9GHz all cores + 2070 Super + 16GB RAM.

Personally I think I'd lean towards a single ultrawide screen like 3440x1440 or 5120x1440 to avoid bezels + and potentially colour differences between monitors.

You can also un-pin things like maps ingame and drag them onto second monitors as pop-out windows which is quite useful.

I stand to be corrected but I don’t believe it actually has triple monitor support at all yet.

Not in the game explicitly, but if you use Nvidia surround to join the monitors then the resolution you're running at will appear in the game under Resolution and everything will be scaled correctly.

Soldato
Not in the game explicitly, but if you use Nvidia surround to join the monitors then the resolution you're running at will appear in the game under Resolution and everything will be scaled correctly.

Ah useful to know, a friend of mine was asking about how he can get it working on his triples - I’ll let him know! Cheers!

Soldato
Can you use a second monitor with this sim ?

I.E Use a second monitor for something like the map

My other monitors are in the loft and i don't want the hassle of getting it down and setting it up to find this sim doesn't support having a second monitor..

Associate
Can you use a second monitor with this sim ?

I.E Use a second monitor for something like the map

My other monitors are in the loft and i don't want the hassle of getting it down and setting it up to find this sim doesn't support having a second monitor..
Yes, think it may need to be in window mode but the vfr map etc can be popped out and moved

Back
Top Bottom