Tuneable white ceiling lights for study

DiG

DiG

Associate
Hi,

Finally getting around to sorting the lighting in my home office! Currently it’s just a bare bulb which is pretty much useless.

Ideally I want bright, evenly diffused lighting where the colour temperature can be controlled so it’s a nice cool white during the day and a warmer white when I’m working in the evening. I’ve no interest in other colours.

The only real option I’ve found for this is Hue - they have some ceiling spotlight products which whilst pricy are not unreasonable - does anyone have any recommendations? Seems to be quite a niche requirement

Thanks

Associate
Hive do some of these in various shapes / sizes depending on your fitting.

https://www.hivehome.com/products/hive-active-light-cool-to-warm-white

I don't have that exact model, but I do have one of the normal dimmable bulbs that works in the same way other than the colour temp (mine is warm as it's in a bedroom) and it essentially does what you describe. I imagine the temperature control version will do what you are after.

DiG

DiG

Associate
OP
I currently have a hue bulb in the bulb holder, it’s not enough light by a long way sadly! The main thing I worry about with the Hue products is that they all use GU10 bulbs - I worry about cooling with those, unless things have improved a lot in the last few years LED GU10s always just died on me!

Theatre lighting would certainly give enough light!

Back
Top Bottom