Advise please on laptop return

Soldato
Hi folks,

Need to return a laptop to ocuk the value is £2000 so needs to be covered insurance wise.

Doesn't need to be express delivery so long as its covered, would appreciate any advice on what courier to use that won't cost a fortune.

Cheers

Commissario
How far away from OCUK are you?
It may be cheaper to drive it down than to get a reliable courier who will cover a laptop for that value (IIRC a lot will have exclusions for private senders that make it hard).
Fedex, UPS or DPD may be the best options, but check the small print.

Whatever happens don't go for one of the cheap brokers as they tend to have so many exclusions that they can wiggle out of most things.

Soldato
Ask in here - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/community/ocuk-customer-service.116/

I'm sure they will be able to advise a suitable company to use. They must have expensive items being return all the time.

Is the postage not covered by Ocuk? Returning etc?

@toon_mad As above you're best creating a thread in the appropriate customer service section at the link provided. Or alternatively messaging them on their Discord server https://discord.gg/p4aGmh
in the sales query section or even over the phone or via Webnote, the contact information can all be found here https://www.overclockers.co.uk/contact-us

Depending on reason for return I am sure OCuk will get you sorted pal.

Soldato
OP
On phone so cannot quote everyone properly but thanks those that replied, based in the north east, had considered driving but working lots of hours don't really have the time to do it.

No I don't return many laptops or make a habit of it I just have extremely bad luck when it comes to backlight bleed etc ocuk deemed it as normal so I have to return it myself, I don't agree but it is what it is. Spending 2k~ on something and it having a lacklustre quality screen is not acceptable to me.

Edit, didn't even know they had a discord server lol

Last edited:
Caporegime
Had similar issue with monitor (cheaper item but near impossible to cover)

Went with parcelforce in the end. I believe they covered for loss. But not Gamage damage

Dpd wouldn't even take a monitor!
Almost every service except parcel force prohibited thier carriage!

Associate
My LG monitor was faulty, it had to bre sent to LG, they did it via DPD but obviously they arranged it so I am not sure if it can be done by your average consumer.

Soldato
When I tried to sell my x34 monitor I wasn't able to find any courier who'd carry it insured. So had to do it collection only. The answer I got was businesses arrange special terms due to volu8of use etc

Back
Top Bottom