MSI B550 ITX - Keeps losing BIOS settings

Rup

Rup

Associate
Ever since I bought this about 2 months ago, after a full power off, it would lose it's BIOS settings and force me to re-load. It also loses the time every cold boot.
Just a normal re-start is fine as mobo doesnt lose power.

Thought it might be fixed with a BIOS update, but have just tested with the newly released latest BIOS and same issue.
It doesnt seem to have the old style camera battery so does anyone know if it does use some battery or is it all in flash RAM?
If can't solve by changing battery going to have to RMA.
Had nothing but probs with this board (see my post about non-standard backplate). Very unhappy with MSI.

Rup

Rup

Associate
OP
If it is using a Supercap it could be faulty, and not taking a charge when powered up.

I'd e-mail MSI support first to see if they have an answer to the issue.

Thanks i'll try that. I did email them about the non-standard backplate, they were not helpful!

Rup

Rup

Associate
OP
Been 6 weeks, Issue has been there since day 1, but was hoping newer bios would solve it, also removing ITX mobo in small case is a real pain.
Tried new bios recently, issue stil present.
Can't just replace battery like bigger mobos.

Associate
Hi Rup,

The battery is just behind the IO cover and it can be replaced if the IO shield is removed. If you like to service the battery yourself, please send an email to [email protected].

Alternatively, if you can wait for another week, we can service your board in the UK office as well.

YhhR3J2.jpg

Best regards

Rup

Rup

Associate
OP
Thanks MSIUK Support, very helpful.
Yes happy to wait a week, can you pls provide me with the UK office's address and I'll send over in a week.
Can you also let me know the model of the battery so when I remove the mobo I'll see if I can replace.

Soldato
They are standard CR2032 but have a 2-pin JST 1mm pitch connector on a lead to connect to the board. Cost is about £2 each if buying singles, but maybe MSI could just post you one out instead?

Rup

Rup

Associate
OP
They are standard CR2032 but have a 2-pin JST 1mm pitch connector on a lead to connect to the board. Cost is about £2 each if buying singles, but maybe MSI could just post you one out instead?
Ok thanks, have already emailed MSI support about the battery details.

Back
Top Bottom