Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Caporegime
If you mean the actual installation parts like the trays and boards take a look at jackoboard or wedi kits.

Yeah the important bits and bobs. I just have an empty room with stud walls and floor atm. Plan to tile the whole wet room so need a tray and picking the right boards and tape and sealant to do the room before tiling it all.

Soldato
Soldato
I have a Simba mattress - and although it’s super comfy, it does get really really hot. I regret my purchase a little to be honest :(

Not what I wanted to read. I'm really hoping that it's similar to my old IKEA latex mattress we chucked away a few months ago. That was lovely in the summer as it never got too warm.

Luckily by the time we move in we'll still have a good few weeks to test it before deciding if we want to send it back. £625 for a king size bed was a steal though so we didn't want to miss out

Associate
We've had a Simba for roughly 2 years and I'm a hot sleeper and it does get warm in the summer but can't say any worse than others I've had. Came from an Eve and think I prefer that, being a tad firmer. The Eve is relegated to the guest room but I occasionally use it to mix it up a bit!

Soldato
Another one here that found the Simba to be the most comfortable mattress I've ever owned, but gets way too hot. Bought it because of fancy claims of cooling technology and material but it gets ridiculously hot in the summer, and still (overly) toasty in the cooler months

Man of Honour
qDs9ewa.jpg

Bank holiday Monday excitement awaits :cool:

And a Fox's fable story, already read half, it's very short but very charming too. Perfect for all ages and depending on who you are, your takeaway message will be different. Read The Little Prince recently too which put me onto a path of discovery for more books like it, and this is one for sure.

Tscu80k.jpg

Man of Honour
I have the Kindle or Google Play Books versions of various physical books too as I can highlight and annotate notes on interesting quotes or passages. Always nice to have physical books though, the smell of the pressed paper, unlimited battery life...

Soldato
Few recent purchases

IMG-20200828-181856-01.jpg

IMG-20200828-120833-01.jpg

IMG-20200828-121241-01.jpg

IMG-20200828-120957-01.jpg

IMG-20200828-120521-02.jpg

Soldato
Crikey - is that on shop floor settings? My eyes!!!

I'm still struggling to justify "upgrading" from my P55VT65B to be honest, as much as I'd like HDR.

That's purely out of the box, there will need to be some tinkering to be done, that was a check it works and hope it's not broke test. It doesn't help that my photography skills probably make it look worse than it is, and that anything from the 21st century would be amazing to me as I haven't owned a TV in a long time.

Soldato
That's purely out of the box, there will need to be some tinkering to be done, that was a check it works and hope it's not broke test. It doesn't help that my photography skills probably make it look worse than it is, and that anything from the 21st century would be amazing to me as I haven't owned a TV in a long time.
Hopefully there is a THX or similar preset. You'll burn your retinas watching it at stock settings.

Enjoy matey - that'd probably be the model I'd get if I were to change now. it looks like LG have sorted out all the issues that bugged me in the older models. :)

Edit: Maybe think about getting it calibrated depending on what the presets are like!

Last edited:
Soldato
I spent twice that on the Ninja one with the vaccuum tech thing. Works well actually but my god is it loud! I'd be interested to know how you get on with it given I spent a lot more (only as it was a popular option!)

Using it dailty for smoothies, chucking full frozen bananas and loads of frozen blueberries in, doesn't even break a sweat. It's a louder than my old blender but it blitzes everything in about 15/20 seconds flat, I love it.

Back
Top Bottom