Strange things are afoot at the Circle-K ) - Bill & Ted 3

J.T

J.T

Soldato
Loved the first 2 movies but this doesn't look like its going to be a patch on them, will still watch.

Bit obvious its going to be the daughters who end up creating the music that saves the world and become the big heroes but guess that's just the way things are now.

Soldato
Don't like the premise pitched tbh. Did the end montage in the 2nd movie not kinda show them "uniting the world"? And now we're expected to believe they didn't? Hate when movie makers ignore stuff like that.

Soldato
Don't like the premise pitched tbh. Did the end montage in the 2nd movie not kinda show them "uniting the world"? And now we're expected to believe they didn't? Hate when movie makers ignore stuff like that.

Canon doesn't matter any more to today's Hollywood writers - they've got a bland generic story with a "message" that they've sold the Studio on and will smash that story into into whatever IP they can, warping the IP to fit around their "message" regardless of the damage caused, because the "message" is more important than the IP that the fans love.

Cynical but sadly true looking at the constant stream of failed sequels/reboots recently I'm afraid.

Soldato
I watched it earlier.

Found it a bit forgettable to be honest, was an okay waste of a couple of hours but not something I'd bother rewatching.

Caporegime
It was good, actually had me laughing quite a few times in the start, it passes the 6 laughs test. The last chapter is not as fun and it was quite obvious in the twist.

Overall it is enjoyable, 1st one still the best. 50 year old goofing dudes is quite a concept to swallow, more than time travel!

Soldato
Just finished watching it - 5/10 - OK but the worst of the 3 movies for me. Full review in the spoilers

The basic story is soooo bad, it's just a poor "copy/paste" of the first two films with the same story lines from each (collect historical figures from 1 and make the best song ever whilst escaping Hell from 2) smashed together in a pretty poor way. The kids collecting Historical figures story was OK, fun but short but my biggest issue is the depressing main line story of Bill and Ted is written in the current Hollywood way of being nihilistic and depressing, far more than the first 2 until the last act which is when the film finally starts to get a grip and makes sense in a way that hands over the crown to the kids such the studio decide on sequels (I won't be watching them).

I thought it was OK overall but, unlike B&T 1/2 it's not something I'll watch time and time again, the storys are too similar with the originals being better and, for me at least, the B&T storyline is depressing rather than funny. In fact I don't think I laughed once, yet B&T 2 in particular has me in stitches.

I don't think the problem is the cast or production, all of which do the best they can and getting some cameos was nice, I think the fault is solely the story and script, neither of which are upto the quality or just "fun" of B&T 1/2.

It was to see you again but Sorry dudes, I won't catch you later B&T!

I liked it but it could've benefited from more decent rock/metal music.

I wonder if thats due to the heavily reduced popularity of that music type in recent times, so the studio decided that reducing the amount of rock music would be less likely to put off newer, younger viewers?

Last edited:
Soldato
I had no idea this was even as possibility until stumbling across this thread. Loved the original movies, so am worried this will be a poor attempt in comparison but am ever hopeful.

Caporegime
Just finished watching it - 5/10 - OK but the worst of the 3 movies for me. Full review in the spoilers

The basic story is soooo bad, it's just a poor "copy/paste" of the first two films with the same story lines from each (collect historical figures from 1 and make the best song ever whilst escaping Hell from 2) smashed together in a pretty poor way. The kids collecting Historical figures story was OK, fun but short but my biggest issue is the depressing main line story of Bill and Ted is written in the current Hollywood way of being nihilistic and depressing, far more than the first 2 until the last act which is when the film finally starts to get a grip and makes sense in a way that hands over the crown to the kids such the studio decide on sequels (I won't be watching them).

I thought it was OK overall but, unlike B&T 1/2 it's not something I'll watch time and time again, the storys are too similar with the originals being better and, for me at least, the B&T storyline is depressing rather than funny. In fact I don't think I laughed once, yet B&T 2 in particular has me in stitches.

I don't think the problem is the cast or production, all of which do the best they can and getting some cameos was nice, I think the fault is solely the story and script, neither of which are upto the quality or just "fun" of B&T 1/2.

It was to see you again but Sorry dudes, I won't catch you later B&T!

I wonder if thats due to the heavily reduced popularity of that music type in recent times, so the studio decided that reducing the amount of rock music would be less likely to put off newer, younger viewers?

It’s a very forgettable movie, I’ve forgotten it already tbh, I don’t remember any new quotable lines, I remember laughing a few times though and I liked how the daughters recruited the musicians but that seems rehash of the first one but a little less fun.

had fun for bits of it, forgettable after.

Soldato
It’s a very forgettable movie

Sadly that seems to the way with the vast majority of reboots, remakes, re-imaginings, long time sequels etc where the original films are still being watched and quoted 20-30+ years later yet the "new" films are instantly forgettable fluff which no-one will be watching 20-30 years later in nostalgia i.e. Terminator, Robocop, Total Recall, Predator, Ghostbusters, Charlie's Angels, B&T, Ben Hur, The Thing, Point break, Red Dawn, Conan the Barbarian, Old Boy etc etc etc etc etc until Hollywood learns it's lesson!

Soldato
This was a painful watch. I was expecting it not to be great but damn, it's awful! Zero laughs from me, just constant cringing moments. Very poor acting and a story which should have been left on paper.

Surprised Kenu signed up for it. Total waste of time.

Back
Top Bottom