• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I don't think AMD are focused on DGPU, they focus on CPU and console and chuck out a few DGPU's now and again.

Weirdly it's the Nvidia guys who obsess over AMD's GPU's lol. They want AMD to save them from Nvidia's pricing maybe, while mocking them at same time. Weird paradox eh.

Nothing will save them from Nvidia pricing except themselves, so nothing will save them from Nvidia pricing.

Soldato
Nothing will save them from Nvidia pricing except themselves, so nothing will save them from Nvidia pricing.

Consumer: "Man I hate how expensive GPUs are getting. My last one was $1000!! That's stupid pricing"
nVidia: "We're releasing a new card that's 10% faster next week for $1300"
Same consumer: *pre-orders*

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I don't think AMD are focused on DGPU, they focus on CPU and console and chuck out a few DGPU's now and again.

Weirdly it's the Nvidia guys who obsess over AMD's GPU's lol. They want AMD to save them from Nvidia's pricing maybe, while mocking them at same time. Weird paradox eh.

Consumer: "Man I hate how expensive GPUs are getting. My last one was $1000!! That's stupid pricing"

PMSL. In a nutshell you win internet today.

Caporegime

Customer: "Its AMD's fault Nvidia prices are so high, they are not competitive"
AMD releases a GPU faster than the Nvidia equivalent for less
Same Customer buys the Nvidia GPU.

Soldato
:D :D

Although, I'm kind of a hypocrite as I'm more than likely gonna be buying the 3090 -- while complaining about the prices :D

Soldato
Customer: "As long as 3070 is faster then 2070s I'll pay more for it . 8GB of memory is still more then enough to play in ultra 1440p/4k"
Console Ported, sandbox w/ rt: oh yeah???
Customer: :eek: but, but the reviews of those older games using dlss said it was fine.

Last edited:
Associate
More games starting to show for the nextgen consoles.

Ratchet and Clank confirmed 4k30 fps or 2nd option is perf mode which is sub 4k 60 fps (1080 or 1440 CB ).

raytracing usage is weak, only reflections and doesn’t reflect everything and RT resolution is lowish, as can be seen in the 4k footage from yesterday.

Not looking good on RT capabilities of RDNA2, at least on consoles, as expected, unless you were drinking the koolaid like some people ...

Just like minecraft RTX on XSX 1080p30fps RT, gran turismo 7 half res RT reflections etcetc. But hey, the denial is strong.

can’t wait for holidays, both to buy nextgen consoles and enjoy my popcorn while reading RDNA2 reactions here :D

Last edited:
Associate

Bingo!

They only want AMD to be competitive so Nvidia are forced to lower prices.

What gets me is that AMD/Radeon release the 5700xt and it beats the 2070 and is relatively close to the 2070s.

now instead of lowering the price of the 2070s, they just do another run of the 2070! And people buy it! probably over the 5700xt

Madness!!

Soldato

For low end, I get it. But for anyone who wants 2080ti+ performance, AMD aren't anywhere to be seen for the last couple of years.

Even 2080 level performance was only available for the short lived Radeon VII.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Bingo!

What gets me is that AMD/Radeon release the 5700xt and it beats the 2070 and is relatively close to the 2070s.

now instead of lowering the price of the 2070s, they just do another run of the 2070! And people buy it! probably over the 5700xt

Madness!!

No, no, no, no no!!!

The guys wont have that as it has taken them x amount of months for drivers to mature, and should have been like that out of the gates! :)

Soldato
Bingo!

Madness!!

A year later. AMD missed out of years worth of sales they could have gotten from those buyers as there was no cards to buy, while at the also ignoring the many 1080ti owners like myself as there was no AMD option to upgrade to.....still

Caporegime

That's nothing, due to the renowned AMD driver issues with the 5700XT (which still persist even though pretty much fixed) then people are buying SECOND-HAND 1080Ti's over the XT FOR MORE MONEY!!!!! Still going for about £400 even today, cray-cray!!

Soldato
While true AMD really need to get on and fix their drivers, they also release the cards too late, when I got my 1070 it was either that or the Fury which had been out for a year with half the VRAM and less performance, then we had the Vega 64 which came out over a year later than the 1080 while being on par with it.

The last decent card that AMD released was the 290x, I bought myself the R9 290 and used it until it died and had to upgrade to the 1070, I was considering the 5700 XT but the amount of issues people have had with drivers I'll wait for either the RTX 3000 series or whatever AMD brings next if they hurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom