Metro: Exodus [E3 2017]

Man of Honour
I was enjoying it until the stupid ending. I only ever knocked anyone out, only attacked people who attacked me, freed the slaves and still got the 'bad ending'.

Overall though it felt a lot like STALKER, very atmospheric, at times very unnerving and thank goodness for positional audio that was a huge help.

£15 on sale, definitely got my monies worth.

Soldato
only attacked people who attacked me.

I think that's not enough with some NPCs. Like the barge trader(s) for instance (in the Volga level), they will attack you if spotted, but perhaps shooting them may cause a bad ending - so you still need to knock out or avoid even if taking fire. Some situations are not clearly delimitated like other games would have them, is more... "common sense": you can't kill traders as there are not "bad people", even though they shoot at you if you step in their turf.

Soldato
How is the performance on this game now, I originally got it on Xbox but was unplayable. I can get it through game pass but the reviews say it still crashes a lot so put me off downloading it.

Soldato
Thanks, thats good new, I'll download it tonight as I was really looking forward to it last year and was really disappointed when it was unplayable on the X.

Well I downloaded it, was really enjoying it, probably about 10 hours in and the crashing started. Far apart and first but now pretty much can't get past the level I'm on now, I've tried all sorts of settings but no luck.

Reading more and it looks like the version on Game Pass is pretty bad.

Such a shame that's the X version that was unplayable because of crashes on release and now I can't even complete it on the PC.

If anyone has any suggestions let me know, I don't want to delete it but may have to 'rage delete' soon lol

Soldato
Well I downloaded it, was really enjoying it, probably about 10 hours in and the crashing started. Far apart and first but now pretty much can't get past the level I'm on now, I've tried all sorts of settings but no luck.

Reading more and it looks like the version on Game Pass is pretty bad.

Such a shame that's the X version that was unplayable because of crashes on release and now I can't even complete it on the PC.

If anyone has any suggestions let me know, I don't want to delete it but may have to 'rage delete' soon lol

Sorry to bump my own post but I would have really liked to have completed this game.

Anyone have any ideas on something to try to prevent the crashes, I read that the game pass version is DX12 only whereas the other versions supported DX11 and was much more stable, but I really don't want to re-purchase on Steam considering how far I am into it.

Caporegime
Bit of a bump, just started another playthrough of this, and ive just realised, that the diary pages/postcards from a previous playthrough, carry through.

Bit of a shame that, as i wanted to try and collect them all from a new game, not to just try and find the ones that id missed on a previous playthrough :(

Soldato
So since the dlc was added a while back, and it causes all sorts of problems it seems, has anyone been able to finish the game on PC yet ? get crashes all the time, like all the others on steam.

Soldato
I played it on GamePass till Caspian and now on Steam I'm way past the infamous lighthouse and the game never crashed once so I guess it's a lottery.

Caporegime
Crashed a couple of times in The Caspian (before then, was fine), just not long after starting to play, just froze, had to Task Manager kill it, but after a reload, it played fine for ages, but last time i played, was a good while ago now, it never crashed once, i was on earlier drivers too then (im no the 446.14s now).

Also RTX card, Dx12.

Caporegime
Interesting bug in The Caspian, when going down into the caves with Damir (to get the water), when he says mask on, i don't bother, as i can get through that part fine, without putting it on :D

Back
Top Bottom