New Dell IPS S2721DGF 165hz gaming monitor

Associate
Does anyone know when this will be available in Europe? Dell UK doesn't ship to Finland and I need to get a new monitor pretty soon:(

Associate
Mine got delivered today. Image clarity in game is great and the monitor feels very responsive indeed. No concerning amounts of BLB on my unit either. All in all, so far very impressed for the money paid.

Associate
I'm thinking about getting the S2721DGF, is it easy to switch modes to reader/text?

My current monitor (well aged NEC 24WMGX3) has a remote control which lets me switch modes easily.

Also a bit worried about Dell sending me a previously returned unit, noticed a few of you seem to have already encountered this.

Associate
I ordered on Monday at 14:00 and mine arrived today at 14:00. It did say delivery was would be the 3rd of September. Am loving it and great buy. Am only running it on 970GTX till series 3000 RTX comes out and then upgrading in the first time in 8 years. So I can't test G-sync but still have it on 144hz for the moment which is fine. No dead pixels and no Back Light bleed.

Associate
DELL vs LG 27GL850 - Both on stock settings, HDR disabled

20200828_172104.jpg

Associate
Got to try this earlier today, I absolutely love the design, Dell just know how to design a monitor. I'm a big fan of the Alienware range too for design. I found the out of the box profiles to be better calibrated than the GL850 which has a weird gamma curve. Sadly the contrast was again disappointing like the GL850/GL83A I haven't got my equipment with me to measure but my own FI27Q which is 1160:1 after calibration in comparison has deeper blacks that are quite noticeable. Where the innolux panels win on image quality the Dell being the LG panel has great fluid motion, slightly snappier performance overall, not massive but enough to make me prefer it in motion.

Great monitor for the price with discounts, unfortunately it wouldn't be a must by for me as I prefer a more complete image quality, deeper blacks, depth to shadows which something like the G7, AG273QX and to a lesser degree, FI27Q, PX7, Raptor bring.

Associate
Is the monitor really really warm for anyone else? I was using it yesterday and it's a good arms length away from me and the heat it radiates is making my lips dry and my cheeks super warm and it's given me a headache as well. Haven't ever had a problem like this with another monitor.

Associate
Is the monitor really really warm for anyone else? I was using it yesterday and it's a good arms length away from me and the heat it radiates is making my lips dry and my cheeks super warm and it's given me a headache as well. Haven't ever had a problem like this with another monitor.
Certainly was warm to the touch bearing in mind it has an internal power brick so will be hotter than one without but not warm enough to affect me it's surroundings, that sounds a bit suss. Might be worth contacting Dell support!

Associate
Certainly was warm to the touch bearing in mind it has an internal power brick so will be hotter than one without but not warm enough to affect me it's surroundings, that sounds a bit suss. Might be worth contacting Dell support!
The other one I had was the same honestly. One thing I will say is the monitor has 0 dead pixels and very very minimal blb or ips glow , the second s2721 had 0 blb but the heat that radiates from it and the yellow tint compared to my other monitor might convince me to send it back.

Associate
So my unit went back because of excessive IPS bleed and Dell have provided a refund. In the meantime I ordered a AW2521HF and imo even though it's a smaller screen the drop to 1080p is a significant downgrade in image quality and along with the loss of on screen real estate, not worth the trade of the higher refresh rate so I have ordered the S2721DGF again. Fingers crossed for this one.

Associate
After using mine for over a week, I’m absolutely chuffed to bits with it. Got it for the same price I paid for the S2719DGF but the overall visual quality puts the TN from last generation to shame. I’ve played loads of different games on it (namely Black Ops 3 zombies, Apex Legends and the New World preview) - and all of them look stunning. I don’t have any noticeable backlight bleed unless I have the light switched off (which I never do) and have a black image set full screen.

I’m still looking forward to seeing the Rtings review (which is currently sat at “Testing started”) to see their thoughts and maybe try out their colour settings.

I’ve also done some video editing on it and, to me at least, it’s just an absolute joy to use and look at.

Permabanned

I have not noticed any heat coming off it, I am about an arm and a bit away. :p

Soldato
Am I supposed to enable HDR in Windows? Only when I do the screen gets very washed out and yellow like I have f.lux enabled.

Back
Top Bottom