PGA Tour 2K21

Soldato
I'm still pretty bad but I'm going to grind this out to improve before TGCTours start up with the new seasons.

I'm learning on Master swing difficulty, no put previews, all Pro Vision settings are off, Scout Camera is off, Wind is Meter Only, Aim is Marker Only, Ball Follow camera is disabled.

For me, these settings just feel really good to play with, I love the fact the camera doesn't follow the ball or I can't see where I'm aiming. You have to use the overview map of the course to try plot out a safe route you can take without getting into too much trouble.

After a while, I don't feel I'm doing that bad with my swings now. What I have found really helpful is not to just throw the right stick down and back up, I think it can go too fast. So I pull back on the stick slightly to start the bar filling up. Different clubs also seem to require different speeds when pushing the stick back up, so do some practice shots to get that down and you should be getting some good shots in.

Soldato
You were proved a cheat a few years ago , posting that video on YouTube pretending to use an XBox pad on Tiger Woods Golf without cheating, you took it down when questioned. You used a modded pad.

No you idiot I l was never proved a cheat, simply because I don't cheat or have ever cheated in golf game with a supposed modded pad, you understand how dumb that actually sounds. Like everyone else, you follow like a sheep because you cant take that I'm good at the game. That's just an outright lie to say it was proved I wasn't using a pad just because that suits the haters agenda. I showed on the video the controller I was using, on screen and showed by pushing it off axis to prove I hadn't done anything fishy with the axis, and made another point of holding it to camera to show only 1 controller was connected as requested (the one I was using) and logged into the xbox as only the 1st quarter was lit up on the glow buttom. But again, you think because I took a video down that was proof enough I was cheating. Reason I took the video down eventually was because haters always going to hate, once someone's mind is set there's no reasoning with anyone so you'll always be fighting a stupid idiotic war of words, it's a bloody video game for goodness sake. You lot are absolutely pathetic, shows how pathetic and insecure you are by even needing to make an account just to post this, does it make you feel better somehow?

You know what they say :

Cheaters often accuse you of cheating
Liars often accuse you of lying
Insecure people often make you feel insecure
Pay attention to how people treat you, it's a reflection of whom they really are.

I've shut you ppl down before by showing my controller swinging off path proving axis isn't so called "modded". And I've also shown the 360 controllers I've used before live. I expect most if not all the haters are actually the ones cheating, trying straight edges or rubber band tricks to try and get an advantage. I don't go around calling out guys shooting lights out cheats do I? Reason why, I know it's possible to be good at the game by having good technique on the sticks. Easy to label someone a cheat just because you can't do it right. Go look at the good guys playing on stream, you'll see them all able to swing on plane time and time again - guess they all using modded sticks right.

And here's a thought, in all the years of playing golf it would be just easy to name change and go under the radar to carry on cheating right??

Keep on hating though. Or if you want to be shown up, buy me a cheap official £20 xbox 360 pad, put a unique mark on it, glue the screws on the back if you wish, send it to me in the post and I'll prove on camera live if it bothers you that much. Sad and pathetic you are.

Last edited:
Soldato
Loving the game but one thing that is annoying me, and disrupts my flow, is the highlights of the shots by the other pros during a round. Is there a way to turn them off does anyone know? I've looked through the settings and hoping I'm missing something.

Associate
Yep, go back to the main menu, dig into settings and you will find the option under 'Cameras and Presentation' - then disable 'PGA Tour Pro Highlights'

Underboss
Yep, go back to the main menu, dig into settings and you will find the option under 'Cameras and Presentation' - then disable 'PGA Tour Pro Highlights'

Amazing, thank you - I couldn't care what a pro has just done after I have shanked my ball into the water...again.

Associate
Definitely interested in this despite the swing mechanic, I prefer the classic bar timer press for swings as to me it's a classic control system that wasn't broken. So much muscle memory from Turf Masters, Mario Golf and the earlier PGA games. I have the Golf Club 2019 on PC which uses swing controls that I do still like, even fluked a hole in one, but would be great if golf games also included arcade modes with the classic bar timer system too.

Soldato
For anyone struggling with the true swing on this game, I recommend watching this.

For golf games I've always used the right stick, being right handed and all. After watching his video, I decided to switch it up. Now I'm using the left stick to swing, while not constantly perfect, they are now mostly heading in the right direction and I don't really get many hooks/slices.

Worth trying as it could end up actually being better.

Associate
Biggest bit I'm struggling with is inconsistent tempo, despite feeling like I'm doing it the same. Have noticed the backswing is slower depending on the distance selected, think that's part of what's throwing me off.

Associate
I've been using the left stick all along (as a leftie in real life) and still struggling! I managed to fluke a win in one round of the Fedex cup shooting -5, but really inconsistent since.

Soldato
Biggest bit I'm struggling with is inconsistent tempo, despite feeling like I'm doing it the same. Have noticed the backswing is slower depending on the distance selected, think that's part of what's throwing me off.

I notice this too, all I can suggest is press R3 (or L3), whichever is your swing stick and practice over a few times. You will probably notice that if you get slow, pushing the stick forward faster will level it more towards the middle. I do this and can get 4 practice shots down near the middle, then because I have to press the stick to make the ball appear again, that part probably throws me off again and my shot is a little off.

I've been using the left stick all along (as a leftie in real life) and still struggling! I managed to fluke a win in one round of the Fedex cup shooting -5, but really inconsistent since.

As a leftie, maybe you need to go the other way and try the right stick?

Soldato
Nice, glad it was able to help someone! I'm still stuck on Q School but I'm grinding it out on harder settings to get myself better at the game. When you was using the right stick, what scores was you shooting?

Anywhere from Even to -4. It’s the consistency that’s improved for me and I put that down to my left thumb being straight so I’m pulling and pushing along the length of my thumb. My right thumb was at around a 45 degree angle of the right stick (actually wouldn’t it be a 135 degree angle? I know what I mean).

If the 2nd round goes a similar way I’ll move to Pro.

Soldato
Another thing I've started to notice with the tempo, is I find it much easier to hit near the middle if I'm watching the club at the top of the backswing. Do this with a practice shot over and over and as the controller vibrates and you swing forward, you will start to notice slight variations with the movement at the top that give you very fast, very slow or near the middle, fast, perfect, slow.

Associate
OP
Another thing I've started to notice with the tempo, is I find it much easier to hit near the middle if I'm watching the club at the top of the backswing. Do this with a practice shot over and over and as the controller vibrates and you swing forward, you will start to notice slight variations with the movement at the top that give you very fast, very slow or near the middle, fast, perfect, slow.

Yep. Best getting the power bar turned off and learning to look at the player and feel the vibration on the controller instead.

Back
Top Bottom