******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
Excellent video. I like the force reaction feature!

Especially when you are inside a ship. SO even though a ship like a carrack can probably hold 30 people inside standing, only about 6 to 8 are actual crew and people that have seats to make sure they dont jerk and fall over.

Brilliant, this is why this game is going to blow every other one away.

side note: Dual universe was meant to go on open beta yesterday and they cant even get there website working for people to sign up for it and no one has gotten there beta keys either LOL FAIL

Associate
I absolutely love this game but I'm bugging out for a bit. This patch is appalling for me. Very few 30k's which is nice but so many ship and ground vehicle retrieval problems. Basically have to claim every time I login and even then it's 50:50 if the ship is retrievable without flying somewhere else to claim there. I think in 3 days I've earned less than a thousand credits as I'm spending most of my time trying to get myself setup. 3.9 was not this bad. Definitely not leaving for good though as the whole thing is simply wonderful when it works!

Soldato
OP
No it's a different character, this isn't Wing Commander. Entirely different IP etc.

EA own the IP for Wing Commander from what I remember after buying up the studio (Origin?) who had it. Chris Roberts from what I gather still has movie rights to it but understandably isn't going to make a sequel :D

Hamill plays an old commander in Star Citizen, you could say it's the same character with a different name though.. will be interesting to see (if it ever gets released) what the story is.

Soldato
There is no way SQ42 is close to beta, at earliest will be this time next year. We've not even got working missiles, full flight model sorted, AI stuff finished up etc so they really can't be hitting Beta yet with what's done.

Soldato
AI will work better in a single player shared and the flight mechanics are great now!

Indeed AI will but they are still working on mechanics for them as per the current roadmap and discussions they have had from even getting the AI needing to reload to changing the way they interact with the world.

Flight mechanics are okay now, it's a first step and they have said for instance on missiles this won't be done for the next step till at least Q1 2021 so how would you be able to get something to beta when missiles are not even working as intented.

Along with still needing to sort out a lot in flight mechanics in terms of they have discussed recently about reworking all the thrusters as they are not setup correctly in game, we still don't have components in ships working or being worked on currently where they are still attached to the external of the ship and not internal where slots are.

We are meant to be getting decompression of ships and similar, push/pull of character when EVA and such forth. All those are needed for SQ42 gameplay to work.

Those are just some examples of elements still needed sorting/adding as per the Devs comments over last few months. So yeah I'll stand by my Beta this time next year and release for the November ish period 2021 assuming Beta goes okay then.

Permabanned
Ok if not set in WC universe what is the scope for alien races? Do they have the equivalent of the following as these are my Sci-Fi fantasies? If not, why not?

1) Baby Yoda
2) Sexy Borg Chick
3) Female Wookie
4) Kristine Kochanski (biker grove version)
5) Bobba Fett
6) Tank Girl
7) Charlie Dimmock
8) John McLain's wife
9) Chun-Li
10) Whoopi Goldberg ( jumping jack flash film version - not STTNG version)

Thank you

Soldato
Ok if not set in WC universe what is the scope for alien races? Do they have the equivalent of the following as these are my Sci-Fi fantasies? If not, why not?

Thank you

1) Baby Yoda - Shouldn't exist other than under chally 2 tracks.
2) Sexy Borg Chick - 10/10
3) Female Wookie - 8/10 would need a shave.
4) Kristine Kochanski (biker grove version) - not the biker grove version you absolute fool.... the series 1 red dwarf version is definitive.
5) Bobba Fett - whatever floats your boat.
6) Tank Girl - we will never have tank girl but we do have tonk man.
7) Charlie Dimmock - erm
8) John McLain's wife - erm
9) Chun-Li - aiiiight
10) Whoopi Goldberg - you are a man of very.. very varied tastes.

I want to point out a few that you have missed however. ( none fantasy )

11) The log lady + Special agent Dale cooper - Twin peaks.
12) Kryten, Ace rimmer, Rimmer - Red dwarf.
13) David Lynch as David Lynch.
14) The Kray twins.

Back
Top Bottom